Practical Fusion 360 Videos

these ideas sound good! no rush i can wait. thanks!

You tripped me up on the ‘print’ step near the end. I was looking for the ‘three dots’…
It was only after I went down several rabbit holes that I realized that your export PDF brought you to Microsoft Edge and THAT is where the three dots exist. I don’t use Edge, but that’s ok, but you need to tell us about the context switch…

Sorry about that @TomWS it’s just natively installed Windows programming so I didn’t even think about it.

I’ll make sure I give everyone a heads up when I switch out of fusion360 into another piece of software in the future.

You could open it in Adobe reader and get similar results.

1 Like

On my freshly installed Windows 10 I have FireFox and Fusion 360… :wink:

@TinWhisperer
I did install Adobe Reader (after unchecking the damn EXTRA CRAP they want to force on you). So I have a sufficiently working platform to test this fusion thing. I did not have a rousing success on the print operation, however. The scale was not exactly 1:1, but there are many reasons for this and, at this point, it’s not a major concern of mine. I might install SheetCam to verify the output files, but that’s a few videos down the road I think.

1 Like

The really nice part about Adobe reader is it has the ability to make posters so then if you have parts that are bigger than a sheet of paper it can accommodate that .
A lot of those programs default to “fit to page” and you have to find “actual size” or “1:1”

Well thank you for bearing with them. lol

I was working on the 5th video some more this morning

1 Like

I did select that, but I think my printer decided to scale because the content fell outside the margins. Don’t know for sure, but, printing has always been a learning ‘experience’…

**Video 5 **

The points we visit in this video are:

**Converting an image with a browser based converter **

**Using that image to create a plaque in fusion 360 **

Here is the Video

https://www.loom.com/share/73b5f12ad26945efa574983a367b9cd8

here are all the project files and links

https://convertio.co/

flower plaque v3.f3d (377.1 KB)
FLOWER PLAQUE.dxf (59.7 KB)
flower-stencil_3
flower stencil

3 Likes

I finally had a few minutes to watch this! You make fusion so much easier! Thanks Becky

1 Like

Wait, he’s @TinWhisperer (AKA Manual Man). I didn’t know that he’s secretly know as ‘Becky’!

Oh, uh, I get it… ‘You’re’ Becky!.. :flushed:
Phew! For a moment there… oh, never mind…

2 Likes

A cut video of the EXIT sign from video 4 and some finished powder coat pictures.

45amps 270ipm

EXIT sign cut video

1 Like

Bahahaha no he’s @TinWhisperer not wearing a dress or anything weird! After hearing his voice I don’t think he could pull that off!
Seriously he makes fusion a bit easier and I don’t want to take a hammer to my pc!
I’m Joe’s better half and trying to learn all this programming to teach him! He would much rather be in the garage doing the fun stuff. He is working on his second rat rod/yard art!

only when his wife lets him…lol…

3 Likes

BAHAHA!!! to funny!

Thanks again for taking the time and posting this information. Starting to come together. Headed to “the shop” today and hopefully after another week of “schooling” I can finally cut some long awaited projects. That or next week will post a video titled, "Fusion 360/Crossfire tag team dream killer vs. 5 lb. of tannerite.

1 Like

**Video 6 **

The points we visit in this video are:

Creating x2 single line lettered plates in Fusion 360

Here is the Video

**Video 6 **

https://www.loom.com/share/db876f6c81a944ca9d135b4756312964

Project files

PUSH PULL TinWhisperer start v1.f3d (43.0 KB)

PUSH PULL TinWhisperer finished v1.f3d (125.3 KB)

PUSH PULL.nc (5.5 KB)

3 Likes

I just noticed this I will watch it in a bit! Thanks for taking the time to make them!

1 Like

Here is a follow up on Video 6

Lettering is 3/4" tall. Plate is 1.5"x6"

IMG_20220313_123034
IMG_20220313_124001
IMG_20220313_110835

IMG_20220313_110841
IMG_20220313_125712

One set from stainless 14 GA

cut chart ss hypertherm

IMG_20220313_123132

One set from 14 GA mild steel finecuts

cut chart fc ms  hypertherm

IMG_20220313_124101

One set fron 14 GA mild steel Standard 45 consumables without shield

cut chartms uns  hypertherm

download

It is also posted to FireShare

bCwRl8EGoZ2kMdaQXjaq23dpwrmpL3TSLqgk5e9Y

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/pull-push-sign-set-tin-whisperer-video-6

4 Likes

All These loom videos have now been posted to YouTube.

If you have video request let me know

5 Likes

This is a great video. Thank you for taking time to produce these. So one think I noticed when watching this, I have never set up the machine config when going to manufacturing space and selecting machine. Can you or do you have a video to show how to set this up? I also have the crossfire pro.

2 Likes

You’re Welcome

I think you can do without adding it to the setup but you have to add to NC Program which is the very last menu before you post new G - Code.

2 Likes