Multiple cuts on one file

Hi everyone I would just like to say that this forum community is awesome I can usually get an answer without posting but I’m needing to cut a file in multiple paths in fusion but I haven’t figured out how to do the setups so that it will not get out of alignment I’m sure it’s fairly simple but I’m still learning every day Thanks

I’m not sitting in front of my computer but when you’re in manufacturing you’re setting up your tool jobs you just select the geometry of the first job you wanna run you let it calculate it and then you can go back on your left a bar and you right click and you just do a new operation 2D cutting ,you continue to add operations under your set-up and it’ll stack them in like layers underneath each other for each different type of cut you wanna do… or you order them the wsy you want

2 Likes

I just create multiple cut paths with different tools under one setup. You can drop the cut paths in the bar to put before or after previous ones to change the cut order. When posting select the setup and there is a tab at the top to show what tool paths will be included

1 Like

You will only need one setup for the job you’re doing and from that setup you will add “operations”. Operations is what Fusion 360 refers to as a toolpath.

When you’re creating your setup you’ll choose a stock box point which is your zero origin. Every tool path “operation” listed under this setup will use that zero origin.

If you started the 1:50 min mark in this video it goes through making a setup and creating two operations in fusion 360.

The other method of adding an operation to a setup is right clicking on it and add operation is available in the drop-down list.

2 Likes