Z Axis Height Does Not Match Programmed Height - SOLVED DIP Switch Error

I will do that first thing tomorrow morning.

Already showered and now watching the little one.

Oh no! We have come too far. You owe it to mankind and ā€¦ :face_with_diagonal_mouth: :crazy_face:

ā€¦you are right. Family is important. Those ā€œlittle onesā€ donā€™t stay little very long. Cherish all of these moments. :family_man_woman_girl:

And we are all happy to hear you took a shower! People started to talk. Not meā€¦just other ā€œpeople.ā€

2 Likes

:rofl:

Guessing maybe my table isnā€™t impervious to smells

You have a unique problem going on. I am at a loss I am sure langmuir will be back in touch with ideas. Wish I could have helped you figure it out! I am sure they will be more help.

2 Likes

@Kwikfab , Donā€™t know if this would help, but have you rebooted Fusion and Sheetcam maybe something is locked up and will not change the settings as needed.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t reboot my laptop today but I did two days ago.

I can reboot again in the next hour or two and run the non-firing file to try it.

I only have Fusion 360 and I wanted to eliminate me being the factor so Phillip made me cut files using Sheetcam.

Dumb question; what lines could we change in that file that would result in another changeā€¦something before cut height like springback or whatever?

Just to test out how much of the G code used in Firecontrol actually translates to movements in the table.

I donā€™t really know. But you are making changes but the controller or the program is not doing them

Get rid of the springback since it is 0.02 and that is the number you keep getting. I looked at my gcode and I put -0.02 for my springback in Fusion 360 Post processing and the gcode reads specifically: ā€œG0 Z0. (IHS Springback + Backlash)ā€. (I never realized that it was actually ignoring my number).
So I would say try this:

1 Like

Yeah I wasnā€™t sure if itā€™d be that line or another before it but Iā€™ll change it to 0 and run it in the next hour.

Of course after I restart my laptop again.

And notice there is ā€œG0 Z0.ā€ and that is it. There is the decimal without any figures after the decimal in my gcode and it runs fine. But it does have the ā€œ(IHS Backlash)ā€ written as well. But, obviously, FireControl ignores whatever is in the parenthesis.

So this:
(v1.6-sc)
G90 G94
G17
G20 (Units: Inches)
H0
G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5.0 F100.0
G38.4 Z0.5 F20.0
G92 Z0.0
G0 Z0. (IHS Backlash)
G92 Z0.0
G0 Z0.15 (Pierce Height)
G4 P0.5
G1 Z0.06 F100.0 (Cut Height)
M5 M30
(PS100)

So then two questions -

1. Have you seen the two videos I posted of me running that non-firing program?

2. If so, youā€™ll notice the torch moves downā€¦touches, moves up a hair, and back down a hair

Would the initial movement upward be the springback?

I saw the videos. But, the pierce height should be higher than any of the figures so it does not make sense that it goes ā€œdownā€ to the pierce height. Pierce height is usually more than twice the cut height.

Perhaps there is something corrupted and it is interpreting the code backwards. I donā€™t know.

Your torch never seems to get into the 0.15 inch range during/after that IHS calibration.

1 Like

Sorry disregard my last post; long 4 days and I do recall reading pierce height is X number of times higher than cut height, yet that fact left me when I saw the G code momentarily and thought I saw .015 not .15

Rest assured it is correct in my file as Iā€™ve screenshotted it many times lol just tired and on my phone reading the latest posts.

I thought you were on ā€œlittle one watchā€. You really missed us, didnā€™t you! You old softie!

:rofl:

I played with him non-stop on his mat in the nursery.

He didnā€™t nap much at all today (7 months old) so he was getting really fussy. Held him, passed out in my arms, and heā€™s in the bassinet now.

1 Like

He is adorable. Must be the milkmanā€™s.
You are too young to know that joke/reference. Probably never lived where milk was delivered and left on the porch. Them were the days!!!

1 Like

Right, definitely didnā€™t get his looks from me

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Side note: I actually got to do some cutting today. I was having a little bevel last week. Changed consumables: perfect now.
(Sorry to share good news but I feel that you are on the verge of solving your problem since Reilly has checked in.)

Ok, changes

I adjusted the IHS to 0 as requested, hereā€™s the G code to confirm; after loading it and running the program I can barely fit a .0015" feeler gauge. Even that was scraping against the torch shield -

So I did this, I adjusted the IHS to 0.08 and I can fit a .030" feeler gauge now. Significant difference but hereā€™s the G code -

So changing the backlash on a non-firing file has resulted in a different ā€œcutā€ height.

What does this mean now exactly?

As for the reference, of course I know it!

Iā€™m old, retired, cranky, and my back hurts everyday :rofl: