Z Axis Height Does Not Match Programmed Height - SOLVED DIP Switch Error

As a fellow cut 60 user I am interested to hear your review of the new torch after you get some time on it.

The sign I cut above had roughly 50+ pierces with a runtime of 9:36 seconds total.

That brings my pierce count up to 100 and about 15 minutes of runtime so I donā€™t have too much cut time.

What I will say that Iā€™ve noticed damn near instantly was the lack of dross on top. The profiles for that cut were created based on book settings and normally with so many pierces, Iā€™d get a few small (easy to remove) pieces of dross on top.

Top was absolutely clear and in fact, i threw it up on the wall as is; you can still feel the ā€œashyā€ texture on top from all the fluid and dust and everything that lands on top.

Underside had some but because of the slats.

Seems Iā€™ll be playing around with settings once again but really, I have a feeling Iā€™ll be cutting faster than the book settings vs at or slower.

To add, Iā€™m using the cheap throw away consumables from Amazon as I intended to use them as throw aways for testing and dialing in.

2 Likes

Also relieved I didnā€™t have to undo my mod to my CUT60 and the port I added :rofl:

3 Likes

We are all happy, pleased and relieved with you. You will look back on the last few months and this will only be a little blip. But man alive, that anxiety gets intenseā€¦doesnā€™t it!

And, I would say Langmuir is happy, as well.

Thank you for sticking with it and not threatening to ā€œburn it to the ground.ā€ You were a real trooper about the whole thing. Donā€™t know that I would have handled it as well.

Edit: And NO! I am not trying to be the last post. I will not post on this thread againā€¦maybe. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

So what do you think the best title for this post would be for someone that may be having the same problem?
I was thinking maybe something like what you originally posted?

1 Like

Ok. Dumb questionā€¦ @Kwikfab absolutely not disputing any thing ever said. Your machine was at one time working correctly correct? So the dip switch wasnā€™t in the right position causing it to I guess you could say ( lag) and being that way from the start. Why wasnā€™t it doing it to start with?
@Kwikfab not necessarily directed at you wondering if anyone can explain.

Glad you got it figured out!

3 Likes

How about:

Z Axis Height Does Not Match Programmed Height - SOLVED DIP Switch Error

4 Likes

@Knick

Iā€™m liking @Wsidr1 idea so Iā€™ll change it to that shortly

1 Like

Not a dumb question

Yes my machine was working fine, which I think I mentioned before you joined the thread; programmed height of .0545", with default values for everything else such as pierce height, IHS, etc left me with a physical cutting height of .06"

I hadnā€™t confirmed my physical cutting height after my VIM blowing out a resistor, and switching from DIV voltage to RAW voltage so it wasnā€™t until now that I had orderee a new torch that Iā€™d set the new one up correctly

Thatā€™s when I confirmed my beveled cuts on 16 gauge this last month (I had ignored it the entire month because they were only mock parts) when my programmed height changes wouldnā€™t translate to a physical change in cut height

Yeah I had seen you had confirmed the cut height.
I am green on dip switches I really donā€™t know a lot about them.
I am scratching my head trying to figure out how it was right before. Not saying it wasnā€™t.

So have you noticed a higher voltage now with the correct cut height?

Am glad you are back in business.

Well that part I can admit as well; Iā€™m new to the whole dip switch ordeal

It seems changing the switches changed the resolution, and the drivers are really what communicate with the stepper motors to tell it how much to move and which wayā€¦in the shortest explanation possible

When I flipped the switch down, it felt spring loaded and basically flipped itself down with very little effort on my part. I did not confirm if such little effort would flip the switch back to the up position

Can say though, the table in its entirety has not been moved since I first assembled it

And the only issue I ever had when I first received my table was an incorrect leg; I measured it, partially assembled it, only to disassemble it, come on here and post, and several people tell me I was wrong lol

Langmuir confirmed later I was correct and sent me a replacement right away

1 Like

Well that issue and my VIM of course which Iā€™ve mentioned before.

I had posted another thread on it, already assuming it was my VIM that was suspect by asking if there is continuity through the DIV circuit in the VIM.

When another member confirmed there was, thatā€™s when I knew my suspicions were correct because doing the same test at home left me with an open line/incomplete circuit.

That one was way faster to diagnose though all because of the THC voltage test built into Firecontrol.

So it is customary, on this forum, for all OPā€™s who have a successful outcome (whether it is through their efforts or suggestions given by those on the thread) to design an ornament for the upcoming contest:

I donā€™t make the rules (well, maybe I just did :thinking:): I just enforce them sporadically!

2 Likes

Oh dang, looks like I have to break tradition :rofl:

I have no idea how to do anything art-related as my table is a tool in my tool belt!

I mainly make vehicle parts when needed for myself or the community lol nothing Holiday-themed about that

2 Likes

Alright then. I will let you off with a warning! :rofl:

1 Like

Was about to say Langmuir Jail here I come :rofl:

1 Like

Now wait I wouldnā€™t look down on anyone for having a bumper bracket Christmas ornamentā€¦!

Then you get brownie points to put a nativity scene in a quick attach tractor bucket.

2 Likes

What have I foundā€¦it appears you are capable of such tomfoolery:

1 Like

I believe credit goes to Don! For those and the pumpkins :rofl:

My wife asked for a pumpkin to be cut, so I did 3 large ones and several ghosts.

Only thing I ever actually designed was a clock I uploaded on Fireshare. Iā€™ll jump on my PC in a bit and post it.

Well that and misc parts but nothing decorative.

1 Like

No matterā€¦what is done is done. Sentence reinstated!