🎄 Christmas 2023 Sheet Metal Art and Display Extravaganza!

Christmas 2023 Sheet Metal Art and Display Extravaganza! :christmas_tree::art:

I had ChatGPT rewrite my yard tool contest from earlier this year as a Christmas design “contest” It did such a over the top job I thought I’d post it as is with a couple detail changes. :joy:

Get ready to jingle all the way with your creative spirit! We’re thrilled to announce our Christmas 2023 Sheet Metal Art and Display Extravaganza, where the holiday magic comes to life in sheet metal creations.

Here’s how this festive spectacle unfolds:

:gift: Craft your very own sheet metal masterpieces, inspired by the enchanting holiday season. Your designs can be holiday-themed sheet metal art or stunning displays, all made using your choice of materials.

:gift: Whether you’re creating brand-new designs or adding a sprinkle of Christmas magic to existing ones, don’t hold back! Multiple entries are welcome.

:gift: Showcase your yuletide creations by uploading project files to our FireShare website, and don’t forget to share a jolly description of your project. Alternatively, display your festive metal masterpieces in the comments section of this post.

:gift: Bring holiday joy to your fellow participants by giving thumbs up to their entries and offering warm, holiday-themed feedback.

:christmas_tree: This spectacular contest will light up your holiday season, running until Christmas Day.

:christmas_tree: While there won’t be any official awards, the real gift is the wealth of inspiration and holiday spirit we can all gather from each other’s sheet metal artistry.

If you decide to turn any of these dazzling designs into festive decorations, please capture the magic with photos of your final displays and share them with the community. We can’t wait to see your holiday artistry in action!

Remember, the focus here is on sheet metal art and displays with a Christmas twist. Let your creativity flow as you use materials and techniques that capture the essence of the holiday season.

Should you have any questions or suggestions to make this festive season even brighter, don’t hesitate to share them in the comments section.

Let’s make this contest a heartwarming and artistic journey for all, as we deck the halls with sheet metal wonder!" :santa::tada::star2:

3 Likes

Count me in….

6 Likes

We all counted you in. We are expecting the “12 days of Christmas” ala Don! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

In his case it might be “One Dazed at Christmas!” :rofl:

3 Likes

To help chronicle the increase of choices on FireShare, I thought I would give a spattering of current images/entries in FireShare for “Christmas”

Edit: Will add more images if I find that I missed a few. One entry did not have an image that was shared.

2 Likes

I remember someone on the forum having a really cool bad or angry Santa design. Hopefully they post it so others can cut.

Now that’s funny!!! :rofl:

1 Like

I am going to start by designing a nativity scene light box repurposing the Halloween light box I recently made . I’ll live stream the process at 4:10 am +/- pst today.

Live Stream Channels

ezgif-1-5d1f93437e

Going to tweak this one a little before I post it .

maybe change the angel stand off to the sides of the light box?
Any other suggestions ?

5 Likes

Today we’ll live stream making some metal snow gauges. You see these online everywhere these days.

They want them at the gallery and the Market so lets make that happen.

Live stream at 405am pst , no narration just music but may pipe up time to time.

Live Stream Channels

Finished the bottom of the gauge ready add different toppers.

I 'll do a follow up video to finish the gauge topper.

If you have any suggestions please comment
Thank you for watching.

1 Like

I had to go searching for this Evil Santa posting…

@TinWhisperer did video

My DXF with backer

2 Likes

I reposted the twitch live stream from may 21 2023 on youtube.

2 Likes

One week till Christmas…

1 Like

This morning going to live stream the creation of a Christmas ornament for the TITAN 25T in the style of these from past years.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/mr-1-langmuir-systems-christmas-themed-ornaments-set-of-2-2022

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/langmuir-systems-christmas-ornaments-set-of-4

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/plasma-brands-christmas-ornaments-set-of-3

545am PST today

Live Stream Channels

25t ornaments 2023.dxf (9.6 KB)

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/titan-25t-christmas-ornaments-set-of-2-2023

2 Likes

Workshop Christmas tree :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Very cool. Always love watching these videos.
I did have one small critique: it might hang just a bit crooked, like 1.1 degrees off. :upside_down_face:

I just discovered something interesting about the “Center of Mass”. When you “Edit Sketch” the CofM becomes selectable. I have always thought you had to guess where that point was.

Edit: On further inspection, I was incorrect. That was not selecting the CofM. That was selecting the center of the circle. You still need to guess where the CofM is: zoom in and drop a point while the body is visible.

3 Likes

I’m sorry. I just did not get it done. I would like to blame it on someone else but I can’t.

I know this is not a ‘contest’, which you made it clear this was an encouragement to become involved. But if it were, I could not get past my amazement of your creation early on. This has got to be in the running for Grand Champion!

Designed, video documented and then actually created by Tin! :trophy: :medal_sports:

So at the very least, I nominate you to be the Masters of Ceremony at this years “Langmuir First Annual (All-Inclusive Bar) Christmas Extravaganza Dinner.”

If you have not recieved you invite, please send a $10 check to me. Once I have $3995 worth of requests…I think you know what I mean :face_with_hand_over_mouth:…I will let you know of the actual address.

2 Likes

Only $10? I think you could get more.

I will say this is very very cool!

1 Like

You just need to work in the body. Hopefully this helps.

Yes. Thanks Don. I know how to do it.

What I was saying, in my beat-around-the-bush way, is that you will not have a point at the center of gravity to “snap” to. You zoom in and place a point or start of a construction line that is very close to being on top of the center of gravity: you will never be closer than 1/2 the thickness of the body to the actual center.

Since the center of gravity is within the body, under the surface, you never really touch it.

Edit: I have been using the wrong term. It is not “center of gravity” but “center of mass.”

1 Like

Ok…I’ll leave video for others on center of mass.

1 Like