Wiring for machine torch vs hand torch

Upgraded torch to machine, 45 razorweld with their torch, it has 4 pins v/s 2 on hand torch.

Do I need to do anything different to fire control or thc wiring?

Or plug and play, whole new game now with new laptop. r.i.p. XP :pleading_face: and machine torch…hope to get time over next few days to escape to goat shed

1 Like

Okay…so I simply plugged torch in and sorted cable.
:thinking:

Turned on shed power, then computer breaker, next LS breaker and then 2 compressor breakers.
Kool…Noone died I am set!!

Well…until compressors fed enough vol/flow to plasma cutter (razorweld 45)

Remember in Bible studies when they spoke of fire and brimstone :hushed:
Shit happened quick…

Torch arced and air was a blasting out of nozzle…FM…
I grabbed plug and killed power.

Now, if I have air pressure built up and plug in plasma to receptacle it automatically fires and air flows…gotta go do Christmas eve stuff…

Any ideas?

The Razorweld 45 hand torch has 4 pins, 1 and 9 are pilot arc, 3 and 6 are trigger.

Machine torch should have 2 pins, 1 and 9 pilot arc no need for trigger wires as that is done through the cnc port.

Okay…this 4 days of of 10 to 12 degrees has airlines frozen so can’t test anything today, I should have heat tape on Monday.
I was going to see what happened with 50 divider and torch trigger undo from plasma.

I took this 15 min ago…note frozen water…it went from 60* to 10* over night…oops

I miss cutting stuff, and sucks I got a week off for Christmas :christmas_tree:

1 Like

That must be one of those plasmadyn torch’s. Undo the back nut, then remove the little cover, find the wire going to #3 or #6 and pull it out of the back of the hole, fold it back out of the way, put cover back on and back nut. That will disable the trigger wiring.

So I disconnected #3 the yellow wire, #6 is black wire. Nothing …(wire was thin like 18ga assume trigger wire)…program ran until it figured out no arc and stopped with no arc alarm.

Disconnected #1 red Wire(maybe 14/12ga) , other is #9
And hit start, arc fired and continued to fire until zI unplugged it…pita…

So right now all 4 wires plugged in, I’m cold…need bourbon and a fire…

The pilot arc wire is split and goes to #1 and #9. If you are cold with the #3 and #6 wires plugged in then they are not hooked to the torch head or the cup pins are not making contact.

Lol, no Im frkn cold, not machine :rofl:, I am not an Eskimo and 15* is cold :cold_face: will try at lunch tomorrow

1 Like

heck were I live that is almost shorts weather…almost…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Holy sheet :flushed: me and wifey have been really snotty and coughing last 2 days…well I woke up with 102.3 temp, aches ,congestion etc…shit. we take care of her 80 yr mom daily, so we went to get tested for the kung-flu…get this, you listening? We couldn’t get instant test…because…ready? We have too many *%$@& symptoms…FML. so we did self test and nda to kommiefornia.
Now apparently wife found a place an hr away, to get instant (false whatever done) the family is freaking out because waaawaaaa other members need to help her…

If my temp drops, I will be in the goat shed, I got heat tape for radiator and need to make some calls either today or tomorrow.

George again thank you, I have something to check out

I feel you need a smoked pork butt and a drink to clean up that congestion. Maybe a soak in some hot water. Wait thats normal dailie life… All jokes aside I hope you get better soon. The wife just got over the commie flu. She said its not all that fun.

1 Like

Wow, glad to be back the last 4 days sick sucked and then new years stuff.

So disconnected yellow wire and trouble still once again. So I noticed the V on thc was +/-3.5 :thinking:

Used to be 1.5…said okay and turned thc off, guess what? It cut and finished the small pc.

So I just ordered a new dmm since I couldn’t find my other 3 or 4 and will diagnos thc, next week.

I will update other thread also, didn’t realize I had 2 going one, needless to say…there are 2 models of cnc ports on the razorweld 45, ONE IS 2 two prong, and then mine has a 4 prong and a 2 prong, if you have the 4 prong plug turned 90* trigger won’t be triggered…

On to thc checking, since it worked fine for 6 months…

Stay tuned to adventures from the goat shed…and no, smart–'z this will not have a brazzer logo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ok. So did you ever get the machine torch going? I just got one of the plasmadyn torches and thought it was plug and play but it doesnt fire.

Any assistance is most welcome. Works fine with the 4pin hand torch… just doesnt fire with the new machine torch.

Call or contact the seller they sold it they should know how to fix it.

Home computer died and parts are a beotch to get, hope to work on it this weekend, 70 hr weeks suck

Like George said give them a call and see what they say

Now come on be honest…The goat ate the power cord? And good to have you back!

1 Like

Lol…cereal? Goats are electric proof, asshats would chew through 120v like nothing… I never had power out of the shed…until…they got disappeared by…the ones I can not mention, due to divorce and family lawyers :grinning:

I’m having the same problem. Have you found a fix yet?

I think he said he used family lawyers… :wink: