What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

My neighbor is doing a Predator 420 motor swap on his Yamaha golf cart. The motor mounting plates from the cart conversion companies are pretty expensive, so I took some measurements and did my own reproduction of the plates. This was way less expensive than the nearly $300 they get for these parts.

9 Likes

Not CNC related, but just something I thought I’d share from my job some years ago.

The next town over got new sidewalks put in, along with a lot of new light poles, benches, and more.

I made almost all the stuff that’s on these two blocks and it’s cool to see it all every time I head to the next town over for my haircut.

The legs used for the benches were cast as they poured their own, along with the base of the lamp fixtures.

In front of the Honda are also waste bins I made.

Pretty cool to think they’ll all be up after I’m long gone.

12 Likes

All the glory has been soaked out of this painful paint job:

I remembered who started this file. It was Dog Creek Customs. Wanted to give credit where it’s due.

Upcoming cut:

10 Likes

I know what you mean. The arm chair designers, like my wife, say “Why can’t you make it look like Bret’s things?” And I say “Shut up and make me another sandwich!”

Now if you believe that…I have a bridge to sell you. I would be in so much trouble if she even saw those words associated to her. :roll_eyes:

But what I am trying to say: Those of us that have done or tried to do such things really appreciate the effort you have put into it.

3 Likes

Those look great! I think I would abbreviate Morgan (Morg) like you did Virg. Either way it will be awesome!

Tombstone is a fun visit!

Two of my brothers were born in Cochise County! My dad was stationed at Fort Huachuca twice.

3 Likes

Good idea on Morg. I spaced and re-spaced things trying to make it look more balanced. I’d forgot Wyatt sometimes called him “Morg”.

You’d think as many times as I’ve watched that movie I’d have remembered that :astonished:

2 Likes

Doc calls him Morg too.

Morgan: I say we just kill 'em all.
Doc: You know Morg, Wyatt is my friend, but I believe I’m beginning to love you.

1 Like

BTW, all that painting has earned me the classification of “huffer” at my local Home Depot. About 6 months ago I was using self C/O. As soon as I inserted my credit card, it locked up. Attendant walks over and says “I need to see you drivers license”. I asked why. She said she had to confirm I was 18 because they are required to ask after a certain number of spray can purchases. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

In Washington state the big box stores card every one.

I never remember when I got my driver’s license that they covered safe breathing of paint fumes! :wink:

1 Like

Oh Jim I forgot to tell you I think your wife got my # from Eriks wife, and she now wants my help setting up a account also. Weird all these wives wanting to get on here. Anyways your welcome!

2 Likes

You should look into getting a spray gun, you would save a ton on paint. Even Harbor Freight has a decent one for cheap

2 Likes

Bret kind of likes that special attention at the check-out…sort of like strip searching.

And Knick, Thank you so much for setting my wife up with an account on…well, anything other than the Langmuir Forum.

2 Likes

My pleasure!

2 Likes

Yeah, I hear you. I have spray guns. I’ve painted cars and trucks, and actually the biggest sign I’ve made to date I sprayed with one of the $20 (formerly $9.95) purple HF guns. It’s just the signs seem too small for all the fuss when I can shake a can and go.

3 Likes

I agree cans are convenient. But when you are on a box stores huff list that is not good. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I made some things today… I’m still on the Distro train…
Going to 2 Rack Unit (2U) sections to fit standard ATA Style Racks.
400A 3 Phase portable power distribution for anyone unfamiliar, camlock in and through.

Aaaand whipped up some plates for modifications to a ShopBot…
New motors, spindle, upgraded controls… just a couple more simple parts to make, then wire that up, build the Acorn controller…

Still need to learn settings for the plasma… but… coming along…

7 Likes

Shaman shell this weekend.

2 Likes

Got every piece out of that scrap

3 Likes

I cut a copy of the Tombstone sign I drew up. 16 gauge and gonna cut 18 gauge backplate.

Paint TBD. The rusty piece it’s laying on is too thick or I might have gone with that, plus a few highlight spots.

Tombstone is in my top 3 all-time favorite movies. Agree or fight me!

6 Likes

No fight from me!

…and I really like how you used Morg instead of Morgan. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes