What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

I’m harmless and chemistry is not my strong point, nor high-energy physics. I do glow in the dark though.

2 Likes

Likely from all the attempts creating the philosopher’s Stone.

Phosphorus is a hell of a drug.

4 Likes

Funny story about “the mote” while I was there, an employee of a contractor working on a different job, somehow got between the two fences and took a leak on one of the cameras. The contractor was kicked off the site and permanently banned from working at LANL.

I did the demolition plan for SM-43. Lots of history in that building as well as I am sure you are aware. I have also been in the room where Louis Slotin irradiated himself with the Deamon core.

5 Likes

Classic, a pee to remember

3 Likes

holla2024 and Tin, Off topic but do you guys ever sleep? I was up at 4 and saw you guys were recently on. I guess if I have a question no matter what time it is someone will be there to help :grinning: :+1:
Thanks to all

1 Like

Not very much.

5 Likes

Well over a year later and way to many hours welding, grinding, a little bondo, fill primer and finally spray on bed liner to hide the little imperfections the Rot is done. Its going to sit in my oldest daughters house with a progression scrap book. This was one of my first cutting projects with my pro.
IMG_1883
IMG_1884

IMG_1886

18 Likes

Absolutely fantastic. How many hours do you think you have in that dog? I love spraying bedliner. Your floor will be sticky for a week or so.

That really looks nice. Nice job

Thanks guys. I probably have close to 50 hrs in it but It took so long I am not 100% sure. I have a little trouble staying on task at times. I wish I would have kept track though.

5 Likes

5 Likes

15 Likes

That is super cool. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Very cool. @alwnasrock how challenging was it to adjust the sheet when cutting that big of a sign? Trying to think of ways to maximize my cut capacity buying an XR and or scrapping a full sheet because I miss aligned it for the second half of the cut :laughing: I’d love to hear your process.

1 Like

I have a piece of .25 ×2" flatbar attached to the side of my table that keeps the plate lined up in the center of my table. I made two cut files on fusion360. Once i cut the first file i slide the plate through far enough to accomidate the second file. I ran a couple of dry runs to home in on a good zero. Prayed for success etc. I was nervous for sure. It all worked out. it is actually pretty easy once you understand the setup.

2 Likes

The red dot in the upper left corner is the zero for the second cut file.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. It looks great and I got a good chuckle out of “Prayed for success” I do this every time I load half a sheet…I had my ground in a bad spot once and the tram clipped it and moved the sheet a foot out of place turning it into junk.

2 Likes

I will post a picture of it once it gets installed at the store.

2 Likes

I do but not enough.

2 Likes

I made this for my 7 yr old’s room as a wall hangar. The two layers are separated by about an inch with bolts and it sits off the wall by about 3/8". Added LED lights to back and middle. I kept running into issues with the forehead bubbling up while painting, took it down to bare metal twice, wiped with alcohol, would be fine for primer and a couple layers of paint but then that one area would bubble up. Just ended up making it look like blaster damage and he was excited about it.

14 Likes