What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

Just watched your video on the intercooler. Nice setup. I live in S Indiana and we get excessive humidity in Summer. I am in the process of setting up a similar system and a copper line array for further drying. Hope to finish in 2 days. Just got some 8AN fittings in mail today.

That gas line suggestion would have saved me some money as I bought a more expensive braided pressure line.

One thing I have seen other say but I’m sure I believe it. The orientation of your condenser might let water collect in the coils. I have my doubts this is true with the kind of pressure in there. Just passing it along.

Here has been our project the last 4 days. I hear alot of people dont care for cutting aluminum with plasma but I thought the crossfire pro with the everlast cutter did an amazing job! I tried the “peck” operation as I had to make a lot of bends and instead of cutting a notch for reference I used the “Peck” to just make a quick little mark for metal alignment in the sheet metal break. Any here is the video and it turned out really cool in my opinion. This was my fist aluminium project and I used the Titanium spool gun hooked up to the Harbor Freight titanium unlimited 200.
Charged Up Charging station practice challenge.

4 Likes

Man, that’s sweet. I haven’t tried cutting aluminum yet.

Love the bonus sign. I bet they were thrilled to get that. Owning this table I find myself wanting to make something as a gift for all sorts of people.

I got a friend coming over tonight to sweat all the copper for my air drying loop. He wants some NRA silhouette targets cut so we are trading labor. I am hoping to be back to cutting by Saturday. I got 7 or 8 new signs designed I’m dying to cut out.

3 Likes

Heres a firestick remote tray render i whipped up in fusion today

May cut it this weekend tired of loosing the remotes

7 Likes

@Wsidr1 - those are the (2) doors that go on my new blacksmith shop area

1 Like

I think you could sell those. Definitely have a style that people would want.

@Wsidr1 - “I think you could sell those. Definitely have a style that people would want.”…

I never build anything without an idea of whether I could sell it !
thank you for the kind compliments!

1 Like

I don’t think I will ever be able to, just whip something up in fusion!!! :rofl:

1 Like

I actually think I want to start offering a service of designing and programming files for people.

3 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot to take a picture of the finished Lloyd emblem. It turned out great for my first Stainless item. The trucking sign is from a picture he took of his own truck and sent me.

5 Likes

I used the “B” of that same font set that you have the “W”. I had to do a lot of work to it to prevent too much dropping out. Was the “W” the same?

Not really, but I had to do a lot to get it sized right, I think it started 600 inches.

2 Likes

What have you done…today?

I created some scrap metal. First time I’ve cut anything since late November…long story. Anyway, also first time I tried to cut this license plate I designed for a friend who is restoring a 67 Fairlane with 390 V-8. Replica of front fender badge.

The drawing seems to be solid. My CAM setup had numerous errors. I learned not to take anything for granted. I had “mirrored” the left flag to the right side. For some reason, when F360 generated the tool path, it selected Outside for those mirrored elements, even though everything else except 2 letters in “Fairlane” generated inside, as I wanted.

My lead-in geometry stunk, as usual.

Think I have it ironed out. Going to make another try tomorrow.

18 gauge, 0.4 tip, 30 amps, 65psi, 3200mm/sec.

2 Likes

Business Cards and bottle openers. The Bottom opener is stainless I am still working on settings. Tin wisperer walked me through some things. Big thanks to him.

3 Likes

I had three successful, but flawed, cuts this afternoon. I designed all of these from scratch in F360.

I keep making rookie mistakes :grin:

Not centered vertically…how did I miss that in CAD…?

Outer perimeter cut on the inside instead of the outside. Gah!

Got too close to an adjacent circle cut and lost a bit of the edge there on the upper left.

4 Likes

Those all look very clean, great job👍

1 Like

Don’t tell people!!! It looks great. I used to do a lot of woodworking (mostly kitchen/bath cabinets, end tables, TV entertainment centers). My father-in-law was my mentor. I asked him “Do you ever get good enough that you stop making mistakes.”
He said with his Oklahoma drawl “Well, I never did…you just learn how to cover them up.”

That attitude has served me well because everyone could do something a little better and there is often someone out there pointing it out. But…here’s the thing: You are doing IT and IT looks impressive.

3 Likes

Thanks.

Yeah, what I did was I had it centered, then I got worried the letters were too small and not going to cut, so I scaled them up. Forgot to adjust position.

1 Like

Pierce delay…I would look at doing higher pierce delay when you create the g-code. Hopefully this makes sense. Hard for me to know what machine and all your settings but i run 0.6 pierce delay. One other option not normally talked about is changing your lead-in speed. you do this in tool library or if only need one time you do that in first tab in 2D profile picture when you select the plasma cutter. GL

2 Likes

I usually have .7 pierce delay on 16 gauge.

I was worried because I wanted to cut on the inside of the letters to avoid any pierce/lead-in blemishes, and interior width of the letters originally was right at 2 x my kerf (.9mm) with a 40amp tip. I cut 16gauge at 30amps 3200mm/min speed, 1.5mm cut height, 2.5mm pierce height, 65psi.

I’ve never tried your idea on the lead-in speed. I’ll have to check that out.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like