What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

That team roping turned out great in that saw! That sign I did with it was 3x4 and I think you got most of the detail in that scaled down version! Was impressed to see the loop center cut out. It took me some adjusting to get it to work on the larger version i did.

Fine cut tips?

2 Likes

nice work @DonP …nice…I presently have over 400 saws I have been colecting over the last few years…gonna spend some time on these…
what settings have you been using for them?

2 Likes

I agree, not plasma cut. My last startup had these in the shop.

Back then, I wasn’t into fab other than I knew what they were and what did in our production line. My job was system architecture, circuit design and software development.

Maybe someday another 60 ton press brake will fall into your lap.

2 Likes

@72Pony & @toolboy -

Hypertherm 45xp with fine cut @ 40amps. 16ga book settings low speed 150ipm

cow roping - saw blade.dxf (339.8 KB)

5 Likes

I am looking at one on eBay but it’s a 70 ton 8’ and weighs 8,000.
The cost to move would probably be half of what they want for it.
It also got me thinking if my floor would hold it and then thought they also have to bring it in.
So now we have the 8,000 plus what ever the fork truck weighs. Not sure I want to take that gamble.

5 Likes

8 Likes

You should add that scary face and arms to fileshare as remix. Looks good!

3 Likes

Cut a couple hundred pieces of yard, seasonal and wall hanging art over a few sessions to stock up in the gallery for fall.

11 Likes

I hope you sell them as-is and don’t have to paint them.

1 Like

@DonP We don’t sell anything raw. All those pieces will be either painted, powder coated or patina.

There’s some welding and assembly that needs to be done with some of the pieces as well

5 Likes

Wow…cutting is the easy part. I’m sure you have a lot of happy customers. Very cool!

1 Like

After seeing and reading this post, I may have to buy something really big and expensive to compensate for my inadequacies. :grin:

3 Likes

Nice finish on your Steelie @Wsidr1! I like the layers!

@errbody, thanks a million for this wall of useful information that I now need to sit and digest a few times over when I get a free moment. :smiley: I just logged on to the computer for a sec to make a few brackets, but damn I’m gonna have to come back to this when I get a moment! :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Something to make from your scrap metal…

My stepdad does taxidermy and asked me to design and make him a bunch of them few months ago. i figured others might find them handy soon.

Deer skull wall mount - rotates both ways | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

7 Likes

I cut two of these eagle head/flag signs today. It’s a DogCreekCustoms file from Fireshare. Nice work! I opened up some of the geometry, but the file itself is solid.

I cut the signs out of 16 and the backplates are 24 gauge. I may get to start painting them tomorrow, I hope.

They look better from a little further pack than this picture, but still pretty sweat.

13 Likes

Delivered this one yesterday AM… This is intended to be backlit at some point with solar LED’s… The 16ga metal panel got 2 coats of bedliner… Starting to like that stuff for outdoor use!

13 Likes

I hadn’t thought about using bedliner on any of my signs…that sounds cool.

1 Like

Hides a ton of sins too!! :rofl:

8 Likes

New backyard game for football season…

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/ring-toss-game-shots

4 Likes

Lookin’ like a great way to share some delicious fall season apple cider!! :wink:

1 Like