What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

@DonP

I realized I could simplify this by just sticking a couple shamrocks along the side. That’s part of the Notre Dame logo stuff. Definitely looks better. A painted backplate is gonna set it off.

3 Likes

That looks great!

Instead of putting Fighting Irish on the curve try putting it straight up and down. Might look better. Looks good with just coovers

3 Likes

Yeah, that will work, and look better. I think I’ll need to scale down the font some, but it will still be better than what I tried originally.

Could also try NOTRE DAME on the top curve bigger letters, Fighting Irish on the bottom curve in a smaller font. And maybe keep the clovers to seperate

2 Likes

If looking for something original you may consider using great state of Indiana. Put a clover at location.

I did just add all states to fileshare a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Veggie Garden Labels - welded a 10cm piece of fencing wire on each end to stick in the dirt.

10 Likes

Man, you must grow a heck of a garden. I see stuff there I’ve never even heard of, like “SILVERBEET”.

Had to try out my new to me laptop and cut a Harley sign. It’s only 8" x 26" in 18 gauge. I haven’t decided if this is the final rev or not. Of course it needs a backplate with the orange. I may just mount this small one flat on the backplate (no gap).

@DonP This might be a good candidate for your “go large” campaign!

3 Likes

Better

10 Likes

Shelf for Swag Offroad finger brake on my 20-ton press. There will be one of these on the left and right uprights replacing the diagonal supports it came with. It will allow me to take the brake off and store it right there with the press.

6 Likes

Made some custom wall jeep door hangers. I cut my 2 door ones but was nice and made 4 door also. Added to fileshare if anyone wants them.

Jeep door wall holder for 2 or 4 door | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

8 Likes

I had an electrode “blowout” last night even though I checked the condition of it just prior to the cut and it looked to be about halfway through it’s useful life.

If you look closely you can see a copper-colored splat right where it happened. It hissed loudly made that one poor cut and then didn’t cut that next small rectangle right above the letters.

I had just made it over to the laptop to pause program, when it started cutting normally again so I let it run. Since I couldn’t see the halfnium splat at that point, I thought it must have had a piece of dross stuck to the tip and it had come off. It cut normally for about another minute.

See how clean that outer perimeter looks.

Here is the tip:

I have tips from two sources and I’m not 100% sure which supplier it’s from so not gonna say. I’m only posting this because I am amazed this electrode finished the cutting in such terrible condition. Hmmm… wonder if I could get another sign out of it :wink:

5 Likes

That is how many users with “Problem” table like to roll.

Green Arcs all day!

Hafnium Free!

8 Likes

Had the same problem yesterday, of course I was in a hurry to get that cut done before babysitting duty was to begin so it was bound to happen! Green flash and no cut. One upside was I learned I can pause the program with the spacebar on the computer that was new to me and worth knowing. Just like youtube!

6 Likes

But, if I keep using it and my cuts are terrible I could come on this forum and complain about the crappy LS table, nobody told me about all the hidden costs with CNC plasma, the learning curve on all this software is just ridiculous, I’ve had the table 6 months and not making a penny off it, THC was a waste of money it never works right… :grin:, but I guess I’ll change it out.

6 Likes

Drove over my phone with my tractor. Decided to make a phone\cup holder. Didn’t turn out to bad considering the only bending tools I have are a vice, hammer, plyers, and torch.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/cup-and-cellphone-holder

8 Likes

These are cheap and handy for thin metal bending…

2 Likes

These are my favorites for Flat pliers.

https://www.amazon.ca/Gray-Tools-Seamer-2-Inch-4-Inch/dp/B01C3TC7O2

3 Likes

Not sure if I ever shared this one before since it was one of my first personal gas / oil signs. It’s double layered and takes a little bit of taping off to get this look. I ended up riveting it together since its on my pole barn and not flat surface. I did add a picture below on how to make the cut lines show up after you extrude. I came up with this ideas to make painting easy. If this is something new you might want to ask some questions to folks here on the forum. Enoy!

Texaco sign.dxf (2.0 MB)

4 Likes