What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

Son is lineman so i made him simple lighted hitch a few months ago but he just installed for 4th of July.

4 Likes

Silverbeet …is Swiss Chard in Australia

1 Like

26" x 30" lighted sign for friends b-day.

michigan pic

9 Likes

Nice job Don. Tell your friend "RollTide":grin:

4 Likes

I finished up a sign for my nephew. Just wanted to pass along a tip for those using stick on LED backlighting.

I have been disappointed with the amount of light from the $16.00 LEDs. Found that by using a flap disk and roughing up the back plate, then clearcoat over that, I get a lot better light scatter and overall brightness.

In the dark garage:

With lights on:

You can see the swirl marks:

6 Likes

I’ll post dxf to fileshare later. spent about 15 mins on this last night and cut this morning. I need to fix eye paint later but no biggie. I normally don’t post my yard art because its rusty metal tools and normally has welding involved but this one is all cut and hand bend.

12 Likes

I nested 3 of them to fit on crossfire and just added to fileshare for others to enjoy!

Flamingo yard art | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

7 Likes

It would be kinda cool to scale a coup[le down and make some “kids”.

3 Likes

Don, I have a real blue heron that stands in the lake right outside my shop. I call him Eugene… He has like six wives that all have nests in the same tree. I’ll send you guys a picture of him . He is at least 10 years old.

5 Likes

All you have to do is change shape of the beak and paint and you could give him another wife.

He is a baby making machine. If any of the juveniles try to move in to his spot all hell breaks loose. You would think there was a murder going on… He does not take any crap . I sit on my golf cart and pull up next to him and talk. He seems to like me for some reason.

4 Likes

This is interesting to me so can you post non-lighted pic and rear pic of your ZL1 sign. I like to play with doing new stuff all the time.

@DonP

Darn it! He picked it up last night and I don’t have a better pic.

What I did, which in hindsight might not have been best method, was to tilt my grinder at about 45 degrees and make sweeping, non-overlapping motions all the way across to basically make rows of brushed metal markings. He’s pretty particular about things looking nice and I was afraid if I went for a more random pattern it might look less attractive.

Next time, I think I’ll try to be less consistent/no pattern, hoping for more of a 360 degree scatter of the light.

Edit: I also tried the chrome spray paint and I feel the brushing of the metal diffused the light better. The chrome paint made more of a glare.

1 Like

Finished painting this one last night. I hate taping!

4 Likes

Don, I haven’t tried these yet but a guy on another site recommended them for better backlighting.

Rowlux Illusion Lenticular Films Samples - clear and colors (eplastics.com)

Sample Pack of Lighting Diffuser Panels (eplastics.com)

2 Likes

Irish sign is awesome!

1 Like

Thanks Don.

The school colors are Navy and Gold. The Navy is a little off, but the gold is pretty close.

Close enough that I think the guy I plan to give it to will be fine with it. He’s like Notre Dame’s #1 football fan. If you’ve seen the movie “Rudy”, then you’ve seen this guy. He wasn’t able to go there, but he would have been a definite walk-on candidate based on his HS career.

3 Likes

What do you two talk about?

1 Like

Dumb Boaters and Joe Biden!!! I’m going to send a picture of us. Fourth of July has sent him to the islands for now.

4 Likes

Hmmmmm, I would have guessed more bird related topics, or at least girls