What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

Call your imperfections character. Great project to learn with.

1 Like

Perfect, only look at it after it’s five o’clock somewhere…

1 Like

Had to add it to my new bat boxes. I did add it to fileshare for others. Simple multi-layer with no weld design.

Bat box sign - No weld | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

6 Likes

Cut out 40 pieces of 14 gauge yard art this morning.

9 Likes

Nothing like finding $2 garage sale saw. I didn’t get too fancy i did get one more i might spend some time on designing in future. I posted to fileshare for others can play with it. @72Pony gave me the PAW idea.

Cubs with mother bear on hand saw | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

9 Likes

Made the decorative panels out of 16 ga

5 Likes

Do you paint all that yourself? If so, will you share your method? I love making the signs but hate the painting and dealing with the overspray.

yes we do.

we have a couple large plywood benches and many painting pyramid stands.

After everything is properly prepped for finish we’ll do large batches of the same colour.

Start painting the bottom side of the piece first , let dry some the flip everything and spray the top side.

patina is done in a similar way and finished with clear.

We normally only do painting in batches.

we also have a small powder coating setup if that’s required.

Edit. normally wait for good day and paint outside

3 Likes

@Wsidr1…I posted old link below on what I did for homemade spray booth. I have now have super bright LED lights, 4 swivel hooks, and heater unit all inside a 5x6ft Rubbermaid shed i purchased used for $300. The exhaust fan is really awesome because it pulls all the overspray into the cheap $3 filter and i just change it every month or two depending on how much i used it. I went this route because i didn’t want to give up workshop space and keep it outdoors next to shop. Just need to watch for used deals on amazon because they can get $$$ for a good exhaust fan. I can take some more pics later if you want to see it.

2 Likes

Awesome info.

I’ve been thinking about a method used by hazmat teams. I was trained as a hazmat technician in my younger years. You know, the guys in the fully encapsulated (Lvl 3) space suits and chemical spills.

They build decontamination showers out of PVC pipe and 5 mil plastic because its quick assy/dis-assy and cheap if it needs to be disposed of. A lot of the small Fire Dept use this method.

To your point, I don’t want anything permanent in my garage. I could use unions and make it pretty easy to setup and tear down.

1 Like

Look at Home Depot (perhaps Lowes) for Furniture Grade PVC & fittings.

They work great. Uses 2 inch PVC or you can get their furniture grade pipe. As far as I could tell, the only difference is that it lacked the printing on the pipe, is slightly stiffer and has a glossy finish (so I guess “substantial differences”).

3 Likes

I cut a couple deerhead signs for friends. I think it came from Fireshare. Can’t remember for sure.

Also yesterday had made an Army sign for another friend and got it painted. I am using 18 gauge for the signs and 26 gauge for backing plates due to the fact the metal is only $1.10/sq ft. Glued together they are plenty rigid.

Also cut a back plate for one of my Kentucky Wildcats signs. I think it really makes them pop with the back plate.

7 Likes

Cut and painted one of the two Purdue signs I am making. It will have a gold back plate (school colors black and gold).

I did use an SVG for the train in the center but had to redraw literally every line. Still helped, but sometimes those SVGs are a bit of a false promise. The “D” is not quite that odd shaped. Just the angle of the pic. Still I plan to redraw it on the second revision. Might add some smoke too.

5 Likes

Final Revision done this evening. I like it much better.

8 Likes

Much, much better with the smoke from the train!

1 Like

Thanks. That wasn’t a very good picture. The gold actually looks pretty good backing up that black. It’s the closest thing Home Depot had to the actual school color.

2 Likes

I was asked to do a new house sign and I normally say NO but when they asked it to be ducks I said YES because I could make it custom and haven’t seen many duck signs. Her house is white with some blue areas so this should really be nice. I decided to post to fireshare and people could use 3M tape if looking to do the multi-layer. Enjoy!

ducks sign | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

10 Likes

Looks great. They went for your soft spot (ducks)!

Can you show again what type stud setter you use? I know you have before, but I can’t find it.

I have a few spots to improve on this one before I cut another one. It’s only15" tall and a couple of the spots on the map are really thin.

Also got one cut for my nephew who has a 650 hp daily driver! Also cut the backing plate. He wants 3D with lights, of course.

4 Likes

My friend is the service manager at the local GM dealer and had a ZL1. The sales guy called him on his day off and asked him if he wanted to sell his car. I guess some guy was at the dealership buying a new truck and decided along with the truck he would like to buy his son a car for his 16th birthday. He drove the car down so they could look at it… told them no test drives… they bought the car on the spot. It was a significant profit for my friend as it was in 2020… I think the money he made on the deal and fact he was #3 in our region for the new corvette helped him go through with the sale…

I think the dad is nuts! I wonder all the time if the kid still has a license.

4 Likes