What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

And a few more. Looks like they were using 1/8" wire rod welded for the standoffs.

2 Likes

Those curved back plates look like maybe they re-used some old piping or something…? If so, that was a great idea.

Really nice stuff. I like that sun face and that simple fish skeleton.

Wow that last pic with that large piece looks really detailed, did you happen to see what that cost?

They’re cut out flat and then rolled thru a roller. Some of the pieces weren’t cut clear out but formed up to give them a 3D look.

No I didn’t get price,.

1 Like

This one cracked me up. It’s a sparkplug sheep.

2 Likes

I know you post on TacomaWorld (me too). The guys in the “Anything Welding” thread have been posting a lot of plasma cut signs lately. They’d probably love to see these.

1 Like

I got three of these finished for an upcoming craft fair in my hometown of Evansville.

I welded on the arms to save some material. Cut them out of scraps. That’s Pearl Mist paint, 18 gauge with 18 guage backplate.

Actual sign

7 Likes

So cool to get your piece in such a position of prominence. I will tell people “I kinda knew that guy before he was famous!”

3 Likes

Sorry, I probably worded that poorly. I am making replicas of the original. You’re right that would be very cool.

If the right person sees my replicas, it could happen as the original is starting to rust and some of the paint is gone. I could also see them wanting smaller versions to post in other locations. The Deputy Mayor will be at the craft fair, so, it may come up…

3 Likes

Too late. I am already telling all my friends (both of them) that one of my “buddies made this sign and it sits above the traffic light on Main Street, USA.” :rofl:

Great job with the reproduction, then!

4 Likes

Its true he told me this a couple of days ago. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

@ChelanJim and @72Pony

I promise to remain humble, and to represent the people of this forum with dignity and reverence for all those who came before and struggled with CAM settings in Fusion 360!

2 Likes

Let’s not go overboard. That is a standard that I may not be able to live up to. You need to set the bar a little lower…bad knees ya know?! :rofl: :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

This post may be getting to serious for me to follow!

No cutting today but I did get LEDs added to the Cincinnati Reds sign I made for a friend to give his son for his birthday…

4 Likes

While it’s not a Pro, it’s the thought that counts!

Tip Up Minefield!

We’ll be cutting 16 of these 32" x 22" panels for a display wall we’re building.

7 Likes

not sure. build a place for remotes or building a place for kids to move out and get their own remotes

I cut out three sets of these Grateful Dead dancing bears today to sell at a craft fair next weekend. Got them painted too but forgot to take a picture.

I bought some Duplicolor automotive paint in purple and painted them.

18 gauge.

7 Likes

I designed, cut, and painted this yesterday for a friend of a friend. I know it’s a little off center but I was trying to keep the ram head as large as possible, keep it as vertical as possible since the official logo it’s fully vertical, and avoid the right side mounting holes.

I am guessing only us cutters will notice it. :grin:

3 Likes

I finished assembling 3 each of these today. One of the local college teams.

Here is an example of official logo:

7 Likes