What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

You might try adding one of the receptacle foam insulation layers behind it. They are made for exterior walls. The foam gets compressed when you tighten the screws so he could just not pull them in real tight.

1 Like

I’ll have to do backer with box cutout the side of cutout design so it’s not off the wall at edges. Cool thing is if you want facing one way or other you just flip over. That would be beneficial if selling them.

I’m thinking cut it out of thicker stock buy an mr-1 and mill out the backside.

that would be sweet if i had a MR1. Maybe not cost efficient but you could really do some cool designs.

Those are becoming some pretty pricey switch plate covers!

3 Likes

Last night I made a Dead design and had time to cut it just a while ago. I know, if your not a DeadHead(i’m not), it looks goofy. So, I am posting an image of their official logo.

The lady selling these at the craft fair will be backing them up with some tie dye cloth. Going to let her decide colors for metal.

I think I need to improve the area just below the eyes. Especially the left eye.

I’ll be posting it to FireShare after I refine it some. 16" diameter

2 Likes

You might want to check on the spelling. Pretty sure its Grateful Dead.

7 Likes

Really? I will. I am not a fan. Thanks for the tip.

When I searched the logo, that’s how I spelled it. So I thought it was correct. I checked and you are right. It was scrap anyway as I don’t like the area around the eyes.

2 Likes

You can also look at these strips. They’re very flexible and the silicone housing makes for a nicely diffused light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BC5FG6N?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=thehookup00-20&linkId=fbdccec1b3944c4dbee5d2f439ca15f6&language=en_US&th=1

3 Likes

Light switch and plug designs for single and double | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

These went in different direction last night when I added backer and still wasn’t thick enough to fill the gap behind the cover. My designs are simple and not perfect, but the concept is a good idea if you want to add something to your room custom. I added the blank to the fileshare if anyone wants to get creative. box sizes are pretty much standard so these are somewhat universal.

4 Likes

@DonP that looks great, could be used with decora or standard style switch plates.

Did you end up needing longer 6-32 plate screws?

Did you have to space the receptacle out ?

I didn’t need longer screws or move the plugs out further. When I do some for my cousins new house I’ll use 18ga steel. My plan was to come up with simple small design and when I get a piece of small scrap that really isn’t good for anything else I’ll cut it and give it away. I did notice some plates are different sizes but these should work for most since box is what these are designed around. These are not what I planned on doing but when I was playing around with outside size I made this one for daughter with unicorn and she loved it. Now she wants one with her name and other characters.

I used 16ga in pic since that’s mainly what I cut. 18-20ga would be my suggestion

8 Likes

Don you are a plasma cutting machine!!!

2 Likes

Been experimenting with heat discoloration/distortion… happy with the results!!
Love my CF Pro!

15 Likes

I got my spelling errors and lower face area corrected and had time to cut several of these Grateful Dead signs. I’m satisfied with it since I’m not a DeadHead. I probably be more picky on the design if I was one.

Not sure what colors will be, but my friend said she is going to back them up with tie dye fabric. Hippies…

I’m going to add it to FireShare.

10 Likes

Wow! That Pledge is awesome!

2 Likes

Guys these all look great!

@DrWard

Seems like a good way to try and get funded for some more plasma cutting equipment:

Homepage - Harbor Freight Tools for Schools

1 Like

Do you have your final on the acoustic guitar? Just wondering if you added anything more after the pics above.