What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

A bunch of bird wall hangers prepped for finishing.

Maybe a hair under a 4x8 sheet worth of material.

6 Likes

Are you tack welding them on the back side of the slots?

Exactly how I do it

1 Like

Man that detail is amazing. Your work gives me goals!

Please post

My daughter gave me this project. Her friend wanted a plate no larger than 3.5 inches by 5 inches and this is the image she wanted on a plate that would house her door bell button.

I do NOT have any fine cut nozzles/electrodes. I plan to make “brackets and such.” Well as you would imagine, I had to remove lots of the detail. Even by doing that I was blasting most of the features away. Then I remembered a post that @Cletus submitted awhile back. He simply posted this: “Did my usual machine maintenance this morning and did some tweaking. For 16g steel 30A, I set my kerf at .025” and at 150ipm The cuts are dead-nuts on dimensionally and there is zero dross."

Well I tried what he said and this was the results:

It may not seem like a monumental accomplishment but it taught me that there are some very wise people on this site. And they are kind enough to take the time to share with the rest of us. I just want to say, I appreciate it, so very much. And my daughter and her friend are happy with the results.

9 Likes

Very heartening to know that my rambling has actually helped someone! :rofl: …that looks GREAT! :beers:

4 Likes

Built this giant thing. 30 different tiles cut on the crossfire pro.

11 Likes

I bought a strand of the Govee lights. Working real well. Love all the color options for stationary (purple looks best), and the 4 program settings are also cool.

I am a little disappointed that I have a bit of a dead spot in the lighting at the word “ICE”. I learned a valuable lesson with the light routing vs the size of the sign and its cutouts. It was almost impossible to hide the light tape and some of the turns were really too tight for the LED corner method. This sign is only 22" tall and the neck is only 7.25" wide. So, the distance between and width of the slots made it hard to route the lights.

Still overall very pleased. My friends will enjoy it, and they are less picky than me!

5 Likes

You can cut the tape and solder wires that you can bend or route around spots that dark is going to be okay. You’re effectively using multiple strips that way but a set of thin gauge wires is easier to route sometimes than the light strip. A light touch with a soldering iron is all that’s needed to tab a wire to the light strip. I think you can also get some connectors that you can slip on the light strip and then insert your wires into - don’t recall if Amazon or Adafruit carries them (I’d bet Amazon).

Govee strips are excellent. They last forever (or as long as I’ve had them anyway) and don’t seem to be affected by a lot of manufacturing failures that I’ve seen on cheaper strips. I use them in my home automation all over the place (like underbed lighting so I can find my way to the bathroom at night or under cabinet lighting in the toe-kick space for late night refrigerator raids :laughing: )

That’s one lesson we makers need to learn - everyone else is less picky, we only see the flaws :smiley:

7 Likes

Amen preacher James…I just wished my wife would get a little of that “religion.” My door bell cover she looked at and said “Now, what was it suppose to look like?”

3 Likes

Please please tell your wife she is funny!!! :rofl:

1 Like

I refuse to “like” that comment!!! :woozy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

That’s alright, just tell your wife I like her

1 Like

Man, thanks for the advice. I have a low wattage soldering iron. I’ll give that a shot. My friends retirement is still a few weeks away, so definitely time to experiment.

Newest idea is making some switch and plug custom covers for cousin’s new house. He assured me it’s safe once you screw them in their grounded. He would know he’s electrician that designs for major company. Cool thing about them is once you get the basic design you can add any design to it like i did with the moose below. I plan on cutting the top two maybe tomorrow night and adding a few to the fileshare for others can do what they want with them.

Has anyone made covers and installed them?

5 Likes

Detail would not be good enough to suit
Me. I doubt they will lay flat on the wall. Plus a normal cover is recessed inside to fit better.

1 Like

Funny that you say that because i just cut both and exactly what you’re saying this morning. i have just the solution for that later when i get home from work but won’t be as easy for others to change designs on them. no biggie

Good news is i can still measure good with my calipers because holes and everything else was perfect. Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

Two Layers?

1 Like

Yup…I’ll have it match up with design but cut out the box area.
I have it drawn up in fusion but need to cut to price it out now. Have to be later because going to place that pays for my fun metal projects.

1 Like