What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

These are good ideas. I like the black with silver much better now and i’m going to add lights to next one and slots down the neck. When light is behind it the slots should light up. The tuning peg idea isn’t one i thought about yet going to consider this later when i’m in the workshop. Thanks for responses.

Paint is all messed up on this prototype because i rushed it but nothing a little sandpaper and more rattle can won’t fix later.

4 Likes

You might add some kind of strong anchor image too. Kind of breaks up that large are on that end.

1 Like

@DonP

I meant “string”, not “strong”.

Hey Don, I was thinking more about your guitar project.

You know what I think would be really cool would be if you added some actual strings painted some color to make them stand out. I’d just used some electric fence or hay bailing wire or something a bit larger gauge than actual guitar strings.

neon strings?

3 Likes

@TinWhisperer Cool idea…i started new project last night and took me 2 hours and would like your help learning how you would do it in 3D. I designed this dirt bike stand last night for kids new bike. i’m pretty good at designing in 2D but tried doing this in 3D fusion and found i can make quick boxes but struggled in making this shape with cutting out angles and adding letters. I know this might be a little bit of a video but you show me once how to do it and i’ll be bring all kinds of cool things to the fileshare that people can use and sell if they want. My design did work but creating those tabs to bolt together and angles were tricky. I want to do this in 3D and have it fold down to cut. I have 2 pieces because i have a crossfire pro and this would end up being like 43"x43" for made it one piece. It would also be hard for me to bend because i only have a 36" bender. i can normally design around my workshop capabilities.

Dirt bike stand - No Weld.dxf (5.0 MB)

5 Likes

Going to take a quick break, then lets figure this out.

That’s want I want to hear. :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

I way I see it the little bit of work I provide here multiplies exponentially.
apes-together-strong-monkey

mc stand example v2 2.f3d (5.5 MB)

@DonP hopefully you can glean something from this video.

6 Likes

That’s funny!

16ga and 15" tall is must and 9" top base where bike sits is must. the lower base size could be less. I can mess with it after i watch video about 50x tonight…lol Why i split into 2 pieces but would like to make the two pieces fit on one sheet for crossfire pro

No worries about fitting on 1 sheet for that design. I would have trouble bending all of that myself

1 Like

Sorry reason for the 14" to 15" was because my design was just barely big enough get the bike off the ground. I think you showed me enough so i can play around with it now. I wasn’t thinking about the slot and tabs so was concerned about bending but this is great. I cut all my 4x8 sheets into 1/3 size which is 32x48 but i always design to 31"x47" to give me that little bit of extra room on the sheet.

I have my XR coming so won’t be restricted to small size very much longer.

@TinWhisperer - Thank you so much! Already going back to watch

3 Likes

Me too, I do not enjoy cutting to the extents of the table.

You are Welcome

I hope for one someday.

1 Like

I hope you remember us little “tables” when you leave!

4 Likes

This is exhaust i purchased but many of them are similar. watch for smoking deals like the one i got on return for fraction of the normal cost.
exhaust

@ChelanJim I hope i don’t get kicked out of the PRO group

Wouldn’t want everyone to miss out on some laughs on my recent projects…I made a homemade spray booth a few weeks ago because I couldn’t deal with all the overspray in my workshop. It’s a outdoor 5x6ft Rubbermaid shed. I added a portable exhaust fan to pull all the overspray into a cheap replaceable filter. Next I added a heater and bright lights. Did all of this for $500…So point of this is i don’t like spending money but i did figure prices would be going up soon so thats why i’m buying the XR. I was also told by @rat196426 the XR is amazing. Only thing not going up it seems to be my salary…j/k

5 Likes

This is what I’ve got for paint (my powder coating booth is smaller):

AW 10x10ft Large Spray Shelter Indoor Paint Booth Airbrush Tent Home Workstation for Hobby Model Furniture Crafts, Blue

https://a.co/d/1lTGbpf

3 Likes

@TinWhisperer I made it all the way up to where you said the flanges can be tricky and just can seem to get the get and do the 2 sided adjustable flange. not sure if need to click on box or create new plane but gave up after 30 of trying everything i could see in video. I’ll have to try again in the morning. i need to take a class or something because even when you thicken to create the body i wonder why and how will i know it needs to happen for other drawings. I’ll keep playing around with it. I did find the size of 15" tall and 9" top base will fit on 31x47" sheet but couldn’t get the tabs

watch in the bottom right right corner of fusion and see if there are any alerts.

there is a lot to learn about fusion 360. I find the more you learn about it the more there is to learn,

3 Likes

Hey @DonP

I cut these this evening to give to a friend. He is a Harley rider and his kids are home schooled. I am going to give them to his wife and ask her to challenge the kids to an art project: bobber tanks 101.

Thier Dad will love it!

6 Likes

They look great! what size did you cut them?

Those are 18 gauge and roughly 16" x 7". They cut great at 30 amp, 130 ipm, 0.9 kerf, 1.2mm (0.05") cut hght, 65psi. Those are my defaults for 18 gauge.

I am going to cut a few of them for the upcoming craft fair. Probably just go black tank with orange backing for the letters. I’ve got a little more 24 gauge for gluing a painted backing plate on those to sell.

I am trying to make some low cost items for folks wanting a souvenir w/o spending a lot. I cut some 8" cactus plants, punisher skulls, FBomb bottle openers, stuff like that for the “under $10 crowd”. I figure these tanks are maybe $10-12 range. I don’t know. I will heed advice of my neighbor. She’ll price the stuff.

I figure as long as my steel is paid for, the rest of my costs are my entertainment expenses!

4 Likes

@Wsidr1 You look like you got the cutting under control which is awesome. If you want to cool factor on this sign hide the bolts and add some $10-15 led lights. The DXF attached is how i would do it these days. I make every effort to not weld and not show bolts. I’m not saying anything is wrong with that but constantly trying to improve. You can scale to size you want for nesting and getting most out of your metal. When i add lights i do 1.5" standoff which gives you the room for the lights to really show up. If you’re not adding lights shorten the standoff to like 0.25 - 0.5" from the face of the sign.

Gas tank for lights.dxf (3.6 MB)

Half moons are bend spots. if you cut send pic

2 Likes