What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

That was actually a file I already had cut when I started on the other. It was a very clean cutting file but lacks detail. Would be better for outside if you were using thinner metal. The detailed one gets pretty flimsy if cut too thin.

2 Likes

That is a great idea.

Learned that from my early days making backlit metal sign boxes…
Actually changing the background color can greatly affect the light effect you get after.
adding a glitter will create little stars…
not that I use glitter…

4 Likes

No glitter? hmmmm…

I follow you. I decided to light one of the Don’s Harley signs I made. I ended up spending about an hour cutting some aluminum pieces to fit around the outside. Used silicone caulk to hold them on.

I tightened up the edges to reduce light leakage after this pic. Not real happy with result. That’s why I was curious how you made your sign.

4 Likes

It looks really cool. It has an old fashioned appeal that goes with the brand. All-in-all, I think you nailed it by accident!

3 Likes

looks good.
the plexi I used was designed for backlit signs…same stuff as overhead light diffusers, and was 1/4" thick…

yours looks pretty cool…

2 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

reel mount. customer had narrow space between bed rail and slip tank. Tried to keep it clean and allow a pass through.

11 Likes

That turned out nice. Is the honeycomb for weight reduction to keep his 1/4 mile times down? :grinning:

Just kidding. That pattern gives it a classy look.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He said he gained a 10th of second!

1 Like

My neighbor who is wanting stuff for a craft fair said it’s in an area with a lot of 20-30 something people and asked for some affordable mancave items.

Somebody had posted a Sasquatch on FireShare. I made a Party Animal sign out of him. They are 8.5" x 11". Figure she can sell those pretty cheap and maybe even the Sasquatch drop outs.

Gonna cut some F Bomb bottle openers for the folks looking to spend $5.

6 Likes

I made the Elk double sided address for cousin’s new house and decided to make me a bear one. I used reflective tape as backer which just arrived from amazon for the numbers and riveted all 3 layers together. Yes…i know i could have flipped one of the number panels around but i didn’t and wasn’t going back to change it. I make these pretty quick and move on to next design in my head. You can add anything to top portion. Added to fileshare for others to enjoy.

Elk and Bear address sign | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

5 Likes

It’s Friday and I’ve had a rough week, so I just decided to say:

4 Likes

That’s funny you made it. What size is that one? I’ll have to design one. I’ll have to go check fileshare yet.

I pulled the design from FireShare and added the back plate. The original file was huge, but I sized it to fit a 12" x 12" back plate.

Perfect size to sell and getting good value for metal.

2 Likes

I think she’ll be able to sell the dropout Sasquatch figures too. I had my CAM settings where I got just a very minor blemish on the lead-in.

Sorry, commenting on the other sign

1 Like

i’ll cut later and post in fileshare…its 12x24" but I have just the buddy that will love this funny sign. Might be a little too much for my patio but i’m sure you’ll sell a bunch of them.

4 Likes

Okay, now I know what I am doing tomorrow afternoon! :grinning: