What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

that’s a sweet cutout design.

1 Like

Beautiful work!

That sign reminded me of that old Nicolas Cage movie Ghostrider:

2 Likes

FYI: The font is meant to look jagged.

Also, I need to adjust my kerf settings a bit.

But for those of you who know the hurdles I’ve had with my machine, this is a pretty big milestone.

146 pierces, and 10 minute cut time. So far so good. :crossed_fingers:

17 Likes

Keep on cutting! You’ll have things dialed in soon.

1 Like

“Wink wink, nudge nudge.” :wink::wink:

3 Likes

It is! :rofl:

5 Likes

Thank God your table is working. I really happy for you.
Just think about the education you were forced to receive. :ok_hand::+1::clap::clap:

7 Likes

So was it the new Langmuir electronics enclosure that fixed your issues?

" I’ve authorized a complete replacement Electronics Enclosure (including THC chip) and VIM."

which component fixed the issue ?

2 Likes

I think they are testing it? We may never know.
Maybe we will?
I’m just glad the poor guy is cutting metal…

4 Likes

I know folks would have appreciated me replacing one component at a time until I found the culprit, but my rationale was that I didn’t want to chance an old, bad component taking a new good component out with it. It certainly seems that one of those items (box, THC, VIM) was the culprit. Prior to this complex program (368kb worth of G-code), I ran about 30’ of straight lines on a variety of material thicknesses; not a single hiccup over two days of trying. That’s a new record, but I’m still going to cut for a full week before I call it “fixed”.

Don’t jinx me @Phillipw! :rofl: :blush:

14 Likes

I wish I could give this post 100 likes!! :crossed_fingers:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Time to turn the dryer on and really take it for a test drive.

I am so glad you stuck with it. You have some steel ones!!!

2 Likes

Good thing your user name is “CrazyCasey” or you might get mad at me for this post :grin:. Congratulations Casey!

4 Likes

Glad to see you got it going, good job fighting through…

1 Like

Thanks for all of the kind words @ttoy360, @Wsidr1, @ChelanJim, @72Pony, @Bigdaddy2166. It’s nice to be finally using this machine.

Here’s today’s project:

That’s another 10 minutes of torch-on time and 100 or so pierces; 17” x 14” in 10ga. And some fairly complex geometry, too. I’m calling it fixed!

14 Likes

Hey Casey!!! You troubles story was so long and rough we expect a longer better success story!

3 Likes

That looks Awesome!

So happy you are up and running!

…you now know more than I will ever know about our machines.

1 Like

I got my latest project completed for my pole barn wall. Snowy weather here in Michigan keeps me indoor and design them. I’m ready for summer to arrive. I’m a hobbyist and I make these signs for myself and not for sale. I make these because I respect them and they make me think of my childhood. This is a 4 layer sign and like always fun project on my Crossfire PRO.

12 Likes

Nice looking signs, you’re working that pro table to death.

3 Likes

That IH sign is killer! I’ve always liked their logo. It’s so simple but looks great.

1 Like