Water table fluid

I’ve got the bigger table, so it’s ~12-13 gallons, but, yeah, it was a boner for sure. I didn’t think much of it to be honest. Now I have to dispose of 13 gallons of this crap! :rofl: Oh well…

That was my conclusion with the fine print.

1 Like

I read this article a while back. Thought it may be interesting to some users

4 Likes

I just came across it last night, and it solidified my decision to try the Sterling product.

I’ll add, my biggest concern with spending the money on Sterling Cool was evaporation, because I live in the desert and that’s a HUGE factor here. Sterling says their product doesn’t evaporate. I can’t even wrap my brain around how that’s possible, but here’s hoping.

Does anyone know what the ingredients are in the SterlingCool? I plan on having my plasma table in an enclosed area with a 6 inch inline exhaust fan, the kind growers use. A glass window and a way to reach in if necesarry, like those mad scientists making new viruses. I won’t be breathing any plasma cutter smoke.

Check out this link it gives the exact chemical breakdown.

Ingredient name. %
Triethanolamine 10 - 15
Ethanolamine 1 - 5
n-Butylethanolamine 1 - 5
1,3,5-Triazine-1,3,5(2H,4H,6H)-triethanol 1 - 5
3,5,5-Trimethylhexanoic acid 3302-10-1. 1 - 5

2 Likes

Thanks, I couldn’t find it on their site.

Just bought two boxes of Borax at Walmart: $6 per box. I think I am going to like that solution for me.

The ingredient list sure allowed for significant variation of the last four ingredients: 1% to 5%.
I am guessing they only needed 1% for the desired effect.

has anyone tried the Boiler Rust Inhibitor or know if it would work?

amazon - " Chemworld Boiler Rust Inhibitor - 1/2 Gallon - Treats 125 to 250 Gallons of Water"

Welcome to the community!!!

Seems interesting. Tell us how it works out! It has Nitrite and Phenolphthalein as a pH indicator. Since the phenolphthalein is damaged by heat, it is not likely that it would remain active in the water table.

I sent an email to their “General Information” and their “Tech support” emails to see if they would suggest that it would be safe and ask for a copy of the MSDS. I also posted a question on their product page to see if they saw any safety or environmental concerns with their product being used in that manner.

Their normal price is $73 per 1/2 gallon and currently priced at $45. That would work out to about $3 per fill of the table at the lower price. I think the Borax would be cheaper and no one has grown an extra arm or ear yet.

3 Likes

Why, why, why?? Just buy plasma water table additive and be done with it… You won’t reinvent the wheel but might end up dead fuc#ing around with chemicals that don’t belong in plasma cutting water.

5 Likes

That’s why I asked if anyone know about it.

Which table or you using. You waste less that 20 gallon of water to just use and drain on the pro table

Pro. I am still setting things up. I’m just trying to make sure I do everything right the first time thank you for your help

I’m using sterling cool and love it! It keeps the table rust free and the water clear as day. I have a tank under the table that it drains into then I use compressed air to push it out of the tank back to the table. Tons of examples/thrreads on this forum. I can’t be bothered with borax and the rest of it. This is a set it and forget situation. It’s not really that expensive if you think about how long it lasts.

5 Likes

I used a basketball hope base on my Pro to drain coolant into w/a harborcrap 110-volt pump to pump water back into table.

My XR I have 70-gallon tank that I drain into.

3 Likes

This is the answer back from Chem World:
“Our Chemworld 830 is not recommended for Plasma Cutters. It has been designed for closed loop water systems.”

Sterling Cool… Been using it for years… Works great.

5 Likes

I have it. I like it. Totally agree.

2 Likes