Twitch (and youtube) Live Streams CAD CAM

Looks great T.
It seems like we should be able to pull in the dxf into fusion then add some dimensions to get the job done, maybe even using a variable, so that the design could be changed on the fly by just changing one variable…

1 Like

My Youtube Channel is Now up and Running . If you want any of these Twitch video topics move over to YouTube please let me know.

1 Like

Starting a stream at 3:00mst pm

Building a lever that will bolt on to my hub to hold the wheel spindle steady so I can remove that ball joint nut… The end of the lower control arm broke off and is still attached to ball joint.

ugly and not really the way to go about it but it is what i am doing.

Enjoy the Stream!

1 Like

Continuing on with this project

5:20pm mst

I got a little carried away.

2 Likes

make sure you show us when you use it. I am curious as to what your doing with it.

After 5 solid hours of sleep time to get back at it.

Streaming at 3:45-4am mst

thinking of a few mods to yestarday’s project

will start a design for fireshare using the canvas feature in fusion 360 a 5:15am mst after a quick break.

Xmas santa boy.dxf (404.0 KB)

Ill add this to FireShare

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/xmas-2022-24x16-boy-and-santa-panel-example-langmuir-forums-tinwhisperer-example-live-stream-from-twitch#comment-3016

FIXED NC FILE PIERCE DELAY NOW .5 SECONDS

xmas santa boy.nc (75.6 KB)

4 Likes

Hey TW, I love the videos. I learn something every time I watch. But I can just barely hear your voice. I have no issues hearing any other videos. Maybe you need a headset mic…?

1 Like

BTW, your Christmas collection is amazing. Hope the buyers appreciate the work that goes into them.

1 Like

I tried to turn it up but there’s something up I got to deal with.

I’m happy the videos are helping you with your workflow.

2 Likes

Hey, good news. The volume is better on the ones you posted to YouTube.

1 Like

The sizing was good I had a couple misfires for some reason?

“you want my treasure, you can have it I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you’ll just have to find it!.”

Gol D Roger.

1 Like

So is this to keep the rotor from spinning or to keep from moving from side to side?

Just enough so I can crack the ball joint nut without having to take anything else off.

The whole lower control arm is gone so the wheel spindles just flopping around on the upper control arm and the brake lines.

The ball joint and the tip of the lower control arm is still bolted to the rear of the wheel spindle.

It’s a mess that I should just remove it all but…

I left those two linear slots so I can weld a stiffener into the handle if I needed to.

2 Likes

Worked out. Pretty fun project.

2 Likes

Looks like a cross between Michael Myers and the guy that has the 6061 YouTube channel.

2 Likes

hmmmm could it be the same guy???

1 Like

New live stream looking into @JDE setup in CAM for the MR-1 question.

I am a fish out of water with the milling CAM but lets take a look anyhow.

Start at 28m 50s

4:30am mst

Warning this is not instructional video .it is fumbling around looking for one particular setting.

1 Like

There’s a few of the past projects from above actually cut out and welded.

IMG_20221121_065137
IMG_20221121_065140
IMG_20221121_065138
IMG_20221121_065146
IMG_20221121_065143
IMG_20221121_065135
IMG_20221121_065129
IMG_20221121_065128
IMG_20221121_065134
IMG_20221121_065133
IMG_20221121_065126
IMG_20221121_065125
IMG_20221121_065530

If you make any of the projects from both please feel free to post them on this topic.

3 Likes

Those all look great!

I have a couple of questions.

When you make your notches for marking the bend line where do you do this? Can this be done in the sheet metal flat pattern? I know you did it in your video when you made your beam hangers but when I went to go back and watch it the video was gone.

Another questions. In REVIT there are several pre loaded “Design Components”. They have the current AISC shape data base and different hatches and fasteners ect. Simpson and Hilti both have dxf’s of their products that you can Load in to your design components folder. When you need a hanger or anchor bolt or shape cross section you just hit DC for design component and select it from the list and it loads into your drawing.

Is there something similar in fusion 360? I was assuming where they are both Autodesk products there would be something similar for fusion. Maybe they have a dxf of the cross section for the AISC steel shapes? You load the section and extrude it out the length you need? Thanks!

@72Pony Thanks!

Another early morn stream discussing these two questions

335am mst

72pony slot example v2.f3d (474.4 KB)

72pony example.dxf (7.7 KB)

Yes you can import all kinds of things from manufactures and I forgot to mention the any of your saved documents can also be referenced in a current design. I do it with the moon in my video of making the kid with Santa, above.

here is a link to that beam stress analysist video I mentioned .

1 Like