Trouble cutting 3/8” with Crossfire Pro and Primeweld Cut60 (Not solved yet)

Extension cable for what? 240 to your plasma cutter or THC/torch fire harness from plasma cutter to table control box?

Torch on/off and torch voltage from VIM box; I’ve got 10’ extensions on each per @nicaDd’s recommendation.

Langmuir says NOT to do it here:

Both times I extended the cutter further from the table FC freezing seemed to happen a bit MORE frequently, but right after I fixed the USB contact it seemed to get better, for a day, but now it’s worse than ever.

Like you said, I’m pretty lost, here.

The freezing is constant (happens every cutting session), but it’s inconsistent on exactly how and when it happens.

Raw voltage… Just get it over with… I have a 15’ usb extention on my table without a problem.
What do you have to lose? Send me a measurement of your work cable and I will fab you a faraday tube for it.

2 Likes

That sucks for sure, you have any hair left on head.? I don’t have THC or limit switches on my Pro so never had issues, only cable I extended was torch fire cable to reach cutter.
My XR has been great using thc and limit switches no freeze with it.
Hopefully you find the culprit that is causing the issues…

2 Likes

Did you leave the limit switches unplugged?

1 Like

I tried that, and it didn’t make a difference. BTW, I’m not trying to blame you for anything or say that you gave bad advice about extending the cables; I’m just saying that I’m not sure it helped in my case and may have actually hurt. It’s just very peculiar.

Thank you.

Heading out there to try it now. I was on baby duty all morning. I’ll get you that measurement if this doesn’t work.

1 Like

not taking it that way. I’ve recommended to countless users to use the extension cables i posted to move the cutter away from the control box. none have came back saying it made things worse.

3 Likes

Guys…

That doesn’t look good…

@Bigdaddy2166 @nicaDd @mechanic416 ???

Please don’t take it rudely. Ask for a refund this is your chance!!

Change brands I honestly think it is your problem.

3 Likes

Have you sent the original Cut 60 back yet? If not, I’d check it too.

Roy

2 Likes

Not good. Call them

2 Likes

They’re going straight to VM. I emailed Gene and asked him to call me.

From this side you can see that the whole board is melted:

I’ll say this:

If I had listened to you guys sooner and wired it from raw voltage I would have noticed this two weeks ago…

2 Likes

Being stubborn sucks sometimes doesn’t it??

2 Likes

True dat, Phillip!

But damn, two bad plasma cutters in a row from Primeweld. That doesn’t bode well.

I wonder if they’ll refund me for the machine torch and the 100-piece consumable kit I purchased too…?

I’m damn sure going to be firm in asking them too.

2 Likes

Is Langmuir the best place to buy the Hypertherm from? And will they sell me the plug and play CPC cable if I buy the plasma cutter from someone else?

I would shop around . They sell cpc cable on website I bought one from them. My plasma was supposed to have cpc cable but didn’t. I just sold it to a member.

1 Like

I am interested to hear what that is and what could have caused that.

Looks like I need to accelerate my saving plan for a different cutter.

Unfortunately for me my wife’s dream lot just became available… we submitted our official offer yesterday. …the new shop she promised me in December is now off the table.

Happy wife, happy life, they say.

That is the board that both the torch lead and work clamp lead connect to, Erik, so it stands to reason that voltage related issues could trace back to it.

Gene @ Primeweld told me it was most likely caused by a Power Surge, and said that since this was the second cutter I have had fail, that it’s something that’s “not happy” with my setup.

Were that the case, I’d expect I might have some damage to TV’s, computers, etc, but who knows.

Regardless, he’s willing to refund me after they get everything back and inspect it. I’m going to take him up on that and not look back.

2 Likes