Trouble cutting 3/8” with Crossfire Pro and Primeweld Cut60 (Not solved yet)

Everlast 62i is a great machine if you don’t want to drop big money on the hypertherm.
You would have to hook it raw voltage.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve figured this out yet, John, but I have REALLY bad luck! :rofl:

I don’t want to drop big bucks, but, man, I really want the easiest answer on this damn thing. Hit my hard limit for messing around.

I know the Hypertherm might not solve my problems, but boy, it sure seems like a lot less Hypertherm users have issues on these tables.

Hopefully I didn’t just jinx myself.

No doubt your luck sucks… :joy: That being said the Hypertherm is the best you can buy.
I understand that the new consumable cartridges are very expensive also.
I’m sure you’ll make the right decision.

2 Likes

Yeah, no kidding. Over $200 for 7 pairs of nozzles and cups, but people claim to get 1200 pierces out of a set. The IPT’s were $60 for 5 pairs, but for that brief moment when everything was working pretty good I still only got 300 pierces out of pair, so it seems like it’s somewhat relative price vs life.

It’s a tough decision.

put a fork in it…

1 Like

Man, you have certainly gone above and beyond with troubleshooting and attempting to remedy this situation. I’m glad to see the refund offer from Primeweld. Definitely the right decision and not a positive look for Primeweld. I still find it a bit odd that the plasma failing causes FireControl to freeze. I guess failing high voltage can cause additional EMI…

1 Like

We still don’t know if the cutter was the cause though.

2 Likes

that is true but primeweld went off compatibility list for a reason. i can’t believe they fixed the problem as fast as it went back on the list.

1 Like

No we don’t, Joe. And if I drop $3k on a Hypertherm and my table still doesn’t work I think I’m going to probably die from spontaneous combustion. But I can’t do ANOTHER Primeweld. I don’t know. I’ve got $1,000 of the $5,000 I’ve spent on it’s way back to me; there’s a part of me that wants to just quit while I’m ahead. And there’s a part of me that wants to buy the cheapest plasma I can find and see if I can make the table work with that (Harbor Freight?).

But then there’s a part of me that feels like if I buy the Hypertherm from Langmuir, and the table still doesn’t work, they’ll be a little less likely to leave me hanging; it felt a little bit at the end of the day yesterday like they were going to leave me hanging. And I did both call and email Langmuir today asking about purchasing a Hypertherm 45XP, and nobody got back to me, so maybe they’re having the same discussion…

Is your VIM box at your cutter or control box? I have mine at control box running raw voltage. I didn’t want to take a chance of a voltage drop when running a long cable between the two. I have a 15ft shield cable. It goes up and over so it doesn’t get walked on. My cutter is 4 ft from my control box.

should have refreshed my page. You found a problem.

1 Like

Also, @nicaDd, them blaming both cutters failing on power surges is about as ridiculous as them blaming my poor consumable life on water splashing up from the table. I’ve got a $3,000 Miller TIG and a $1,000 Lincoln MIG, and I haven’t had issues with either of them, or any of our other electronics or power tools.

I didn’t want to make a big deal about that comment, because they’re offering me a refund, but it’s a little weird to not just say, “well, we’re really sorry this happened twice”…

And I’ve been talking with Primeweld since the day I got this second machine, and they’ve been adamant that there couldn’t be anything wrong with their machine. They only started to change course when I showed them the 282.7 volts in the middle of a cut.

Yeah, a big one. Wish I knew what to make of it, but onward and upward.

FWIW, originally VIM was in the middle of the table (to try and get cutter a little further away), and when I went to extension cables I stuck the box directly on the cutter.

Can you post a pic of the serial? Just curious about something

1 Like

I don’t have pics handy, but the first one was 32108270371 and this one was 32211090112.

First one was purchased 11/25/2022 second one shipped to me mid January ‘23.

1 Like

Can I ask a general question? So many of you seem to have the Everlast “i” series plasma cutters, but only the “s” series Everlast are on the compatibility list from Langmuir. Is there a reason they haven’t added the “i” series?

With all the trouble I’ve had, I’d be concerned that Langmuir might use this technicality as an excuse to quit helping me, if I buy a 52i or 62i.

In regards to s vs. i. When I bought mine I noticed that fact but I made the assumption that Langmuir list hadn’t caught up with everlasts nomenclature. When I bought the 52i it was. A relatively new model from everlast. If it’s still not on there I don’t know what to tell you. You could ask Langmuir about it. Curious what their answer might be.

1 Like

I have. They’ve been a little slower to respond lately, but I’ll let everybody know what they say.

The more of you I talk to, the more I’m leaning towards the Everlast machines, but given my table’s history of problems (and my luck), I won’t do it if they’re not “approved”, because I’m not out of the woods, yet.

I like everlast of hypertherm for consumable cost and bottom line pricing. With good air which initially I did not have I get 600 to 900 pierces with no effort. When I had bad air I got 200 on everlast and PlasmaDyn nozzles. 300 with George’s. Not I get 300 with the cheap ones and like I say 6 to 900 with George’s.

1 Like

I bought my Hypertherm from my local welding supply, same price what Langmuir is selling for…

2 Likes

Hello @langmuir-reilly or @langmuir-aksel, I have dealt with both of you before, and you’ve both been so helpful, so I figured I might tag you onto my thread and try to ask a question this way.

I have had nothing but trouble trying to get up and running with my CF-Pro (probably not the table or software’s fault, though we haven’t ruled those out, yet, either). I’ve been working with Thomas for about 3 weeks now.

My second Primeweld Cut60 has now failed, so I need to purchase another plasma cutter and I would like to do that today.

I’m waffling between the Hypertherm 45XP and the Everlast Powerplasma 62i. The Everlast certainly fits my budget better, but Langmuir hasn’t added the “i” series of Everlast Powerplasma cutters to the compatibility list yet, so far as I can tell, even though they replaced the “s” series a while ago.

Is this an oversight on Langmuir’s part? Both the “60s” and the “62i” are sold under the “Powerplasma” line.

I need to make sure that I will continue receiving support if I purchase the Everlast Powerplasma 62i, because there’s still a chance that my issue is in the Langmuir electronics or FireControl software, even though the Primeweld seems like it may be the most likely culprit, at this point.

Thank you for your time!