Setting up to cut path to cut 3 times

Hi, not sure how to explain what i mean but i want to cut more than one component at one time, like copying so it cuts more that one of them. With all the videos on you tube just can’t seem to find the wright one, i need to copy a sketch, turn it round and place it to save some steel and cut a couple of them at the same time, i see it in my head but don’t know how to do it. Clear as mud i know. Thanks

FireControl has a spot called Patterning on the left side of the screen, towards the bottom. That is where you can take a uploaded G code file and it will cut duplicates (columns and rows).

Now if it is taking a virgin drawing, not CAD prepped at all, then @TinWhisperer will have to walk you through that one. I think that he is replying to this now.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find system resource wise that copying a body after extrusion is a better way to go.

I have to layout and cut some post and beam brackets tomorrow. X10 of one type and X5 of another. In the morning I ll stream and post me going the motions to accomplish this task.

Here’s a video about that scenario

2 Likes

You the man @TinWhisperer

1 Like

It’s going to fit this topic really well so I’ll post here later going over this other method.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, will give it a go.