Razorcut 45 cut chart

They’re not? Why is that? I’ve found my IPM speed settings different too, but I just thought it was my cheapo Plasma cutter.

The Google docs one from the forum.

All these cutting charts are made in a lab with a $30K or more setup, not a crossfire and a back room of a garage.

1 Like

i’ve looked through all 37 posts, can’t find the link to the Google Docs cut chart? can someone please post the direct link?

1 Like

Same - It looks like there was one at some point but the page no longer exists.

A little help?

I finally found the link (Razorweld Cut Chart), but honestly, the chart was not easy to use, and I didn’t want to risk wasting a $100 steel sheet trying to figure it out. I ended up using the cut chart provided by Razorweld and posted by MO-Hacker, specifically for this cutter. (Razorcut 45 cut chart) Our max ipm is 300, but I cut mostly 10ga Mild Steel anyway. By using Razorweld’s chart for “optimum travel speed” (0.50pd)(98ipm), I get perfect cuts every time. Which is awesome, because the basic settings provided by Langmuire’s tutorial videos made terrible cuts, and half the time didn’t even pierce.

Edit: I’m actually having some trouble with my pierce delay today, but other than that, everything is perfect using Razorweld’s chart.

1 Like

That’s the one you should rely on. The other one was created back when Razorweld didn’t have a chart of their own. We had to test to figure out the settings that worked and posted our experiences on it. Hypertherm always had a good chart but RW didn’t so we made do the best we could :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Where do I find this spreadsheet you’re talking about? I’m teaching high school kids how to run this and really don’t want to have to test it all for myself.

Thank you

Search for Cut Chart and you’ll find a link.

1 Like

Where can I find this spread sheet that has been referenced in this conversation string?

1 Like

By

There is numerous post from myself and many others off test cuts on different material thicknesses on this forum.:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
Starting points only as you’d have to dial it in with your particular cutter/torch​:point_left::warning:

2 Likes

This comment wasn’t clear enough?

Also you would need to know what torch was on your Razorweld 45 to know what chart to use.

:+1: correct! I’ve only upgraded to the PTM60
You built for me awhile back.
And all my documented results from my test cuts with the RAZORWELD hand torch OG.
have held up on the PTM60 Torch with only a few tweaks of some settings on different Gauges of sheet.

bumping up the air pressure 10 psi from 70-80
A minor ipm adjustments to reduce dross.

It was very easy to run a few quick test cuts with the reference settings to dial in the torch.
The torch has been flawless so far

.060” 30” monogram any dross just flaked off with a finger nail

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

.105”. HR Sheet
35A
80 psi CLEAN DRY AIR
72 ipm feed rate
79 ipm lead in and lead out
1.0 Sec. PD
.9 tip
PTM60 machine torch
.9 tip always coated with Anti/spatter!
Water table & water height .750” - 1.0” from material . Always!
No bevel and 99.85698% dross free!!
image image image image

4 Likes

Ya know, I never really thought of this as a factor in cut quality. Thanks for pointing it out!!

2 Likes

I second the anti-spatter.

For the water level I tend to stick to 3/4" although I’ll go to a half inch for 18-22ga so the water can keep the material cool and I get less warping.

2 Likes

I’ll need to adjust my autofill switch. Hmmmm, maybe a programmable one… yeah, a new project!

1 Like