Pro Water table fluid management

Yes only from one side. I have a slight pitch to that side almost barely noticeable. Because of the pan warping I use a squeegee to get the little bit that’s leftover.

1 Like

Okay, now I’m going to have to redo mine. I frankensteined it up using a sprayer tank, some garden hose leaders & fittings, valves and a big pump. Should have done the rolling box like you did. Way easier to fill it & pour out drecky water and I already had a small submersible. Got trapped into thinking linearly with the whole sprayer tank, etc. :roll_eyes:

When I watched what some of you guys were doing I thought the systems looked awesome. But I live in Wisconsin and I needed that system portable. I had another thought of using a cooler with wheels rather than a toolbox because it has a molded in drain. But I had the toolbox so that won out. That’s what I love about this forum alot of great ideas!

A toolbox is cheaper than a cooler with wheels and a drain :slight_smile:

Very true!

What is the reason for coating the pan? It is stainless steel and won’t rust.

I will use the silicone mat to keep the bottom of the pan less stained. And hopefully the cleaned up of the pan will be easier.

My original got stained and some pitting using the Borax & water solution. It was pretty much eliminated when I coated it. Figured I’d start with a coating this time.

1 Like

Didn’t realize those pans got to crappy!!

I’m sort of anal and want my pan to look a certain way. It is my naivete. Now that is a Scrabble word if I ever saw one!

1 Like

This is what I’ve cobbled together to drain my water pan. Works great! 3 pails about 2/3 full. I’m not sure why the picture is sideways… or how to fix it. Ha ha

1 Like

Not bad l like its simple. What size fittings did you use?

It’s all 1/2 pex. I got everything I needed from the hardware store. image

1 Like

I just got my pan. I put the halves together on a table and I’m thinking of turning over and put the weld on the outside. I have a tig welder but i’m not worth a damn at it and afraid I’d blow holes in it! Was probably going to use the mig welder with stainless steel wire. I was going to leave the flange one the inside for stability. Would try to stitch weld to avoid warping. Did you have and problems with warping?

What is the diameter of the sump? What is the outside diameter of the female part of die? I like the looks of it!

DO NOT MIG WELD. TIG for sure

TIG weld it only! It’s a 20-22 gauge S210 stainless steel. If you’re not confident in filler rod welding you can always fuse weld it. I would recommend 28-32 amps on your tig welded, argon gas shielding and a clean, sharp tungsten tip. If you weld in small sections and instantly cool it with a water spray you’ll mostly avoid any warping.

image image

2 Likes

Why not mig weld?

You can mig stainless, but to do it right requires some stuff most folks won’t have on hand unless you do it alot - like Trimix gas, SS filler wire, etc…I have seen some flux core stainless wire (309L I think) from Blue Demon you could do with no gas, but not used it, and it will not be as clean a weld.

I could tig mine, but I’m first going to try some gasket maker and slowly torque up the bolts as it sets up - over a few hours.

4 Likes

I have stainless steel er309 wire and use 75/25 argon/co2. I thought the small v on the underside seam would maybe weld good and leave the inside flange for strength and stability to keep perfectly level.