Pro Table Build Pics

The tube that doesn’t line up is upside down. I did the same thing. It to take it off and rotate it the holes should then line up. Also just a note. When installing the bearing holders for the y and x threaded rod they are different heights Watch out for that

amen to that brother!!!

Where in Michigan are you? Just west of Kalamazoo, here.

Finally got mine setup. Took awhile for the stack of empty boxes and bags to outnumber the stack of “not done yet” parts & pieces.

A few issues with instructions that I expect will be corrected in an update to the website but otherwise straightforward - although a lot more steps to accomplish than the original or XL. :slightly_smiling_face:

First cut was spanky clean - no dross. I did put new consumables in the HT. Tried the “draw line” function & it worked great.

Going to update my Sheetcam toolset to verify the height control parameters.

3 Likes

Canadian Pro table build, was able to cross the border before the lockdown and pick up this beast :sunglasses!

(upload://1P6tbV54v3Ehbzl8g29![IMG_6846|375x500](upload://iVHRuQn2z3o z2EDUiVfu1petSiq.jpeg) 6mrLHcyP.jpeg) :
retapped the caster to match the leveling foot 10 mm -1.5. not sure why I am unable to post a clip of the Crossfire-PRO-Break-in and first cut 3/16 mild steel with a hypertherm 30xp so heres a pic
i’m a newbie in the plasma CNC world Thank you Langmuir Systems for a great product and support.

5 Likes

just a few pics… shelf is a work in progress, will eventually have a few more laterals and some rolled expanded metal on it.

PSA: if you weld on the legs, remove the plastic tube caps, powder coat makes a neat explosion when the fumes build up and ignite. i’m pretty sure i peed a little when it went off.

PSA #2: moving the plasma machine that close to the table electronics reeks havoc on it. the high voltage THC wires do not like to be parallel to the torch control wire. the damn thing was randomly firing the torch and wasn’t when it was supposed to… going to need that noise filter soon.

air filter and moisture trap are unknown brand, they were salvaged from a breathing air system

switched back to the S45 torch from the machine torch since i only have a 1.3mm nozzle for it (70-80amp) my machine is only 40A. will have .8mm and 1mm nozzles friday so i will switch back then.

1/4" HR plate, 20 ipm, 40a, 70ish PSI while cutting, .8mm nozzle

3 Likes

That PEESA made me lol.

4 Likes

interesting,…how far does the plasma machine need to be from the electronics to operate normally? i was hoping to run a similar orientation.

Guess it depends on thhr machine and routing of wires. I just had to separate the thc wires and torch control wires. Its probably not an issue if you are using the low voltage output of the THC

Like @Dirty_Bill said, it depends. I had mine (Hypertherm) sitting next to the left front corner so in line with but about 3 feet from the control box and didn’t have any issues.

my plasma is no further than the leg on the front of the machine. maybe 15"… i dont have any issues with interference.
my USB is routed from the electronics box, to the front rail, across the front and attaches to the computer that sits on top of my tool chest. maybe 6ft away.

Excellent! Thanks for the help!

Got all the pieces to finally finish my plumbing.
Strainer came in today and just got it plumbed in.
Works very well.
If you’re planning on using a strainer order it now, the 1” are on back order everywhere and they take at least two weeks to get in.

3 Likes

Wow. Serious plumbing. It must fill & drain super fast. I’m using the stock drain fittings with 3/8" tubing to my tank and it drains both trays completely in about a minute.

I like the strainer you’ve got though. Will that filter out the metal dust that settles in the tank otherwise?

itll take a couple of minutes to fill, but drains super fast.

the screen before the tank is a 50 MESH, so 50 wires per square inch, so it should filter out everything of significance.

Ugh, just had a :thinking: moment.

To those with assembled tables what is widest diagonal measurement if you had to spin it in a circle when completed?

Thinking this may be tighter than first thought, since triangles are doing triangle shit when turned…probably why the pyramids are lined up the way they are

Thanks

1 Like

Does this help?

3 Likes

With or without the laptop stand?

1 Like

You no watchy goat building thread I see :goat: (goat of yoda)

1 Like

Heck yeah thanks…:goat:

Will know howwww much tomorrow night…thank ya’ll