PC and cabinet Prepped for MR1

I just want to reiterate you would still need a Windows PC for the MR1. Whether it’s the MC4000 from Langmuir or you source your own unit.

My other thought was by sharing the monitor. The HDMI cable will create a ground loop from MR1 to XR. Probably would not mess with the mill but, might screw with plasma table.

That’s true that it would form a ground loop. I hadn’t considered that before.

I personally wouldn’t be concerned. If there was enough noise leaking into or out of the hdmi cable then I think there are bigger issues.

1 Like

That’s really great input and much appreciated. Maybe best for me to use the screen for the MR1 and set up a different for the Plasma. Either of you know if the pc sold by Langmuir is the same for each item?

Yes I believe so. Looks to be a minisforum brand mini computer. 64mb with 4 ram. Ram is not upgradeable due to the fact its soldered on the motherboard.
Any mini computer will work. You can just get the monitor/ computer option from Langmuir.
Plug and play with all the cables, mount etc.

1 Like

While I have been waiting been fixings up the area fun times. Built a new table for my 3D printers an moving things around. Not a lot of space so I have to figure out what to do. Thought I would share the photo of the table really nice an handy on sale at Home Depot.

5 Likes

Dont you think some dirt in there would look good? :joy:

1 Like

Or some metal dust or something. ;). I have to say I am impressed!

Almost every time I get in here I get a case of shop envy.

This week between seeing the view from @JDE shop in the mountains and @Bigdaddy2166 with his water front shop I’m not sure I’ll ever be satisfied. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@PEB10 That is a really nice work space! I have a friend that just got the same printer and the first parts off of it are very impressive. He did a test inlay with a 2nd color with incredible edge detail.

I have my cabinet setup basically finished from what I first posted. The PC and power strip are mounted to the back of the cabinet with the cables somewhat neatly routed. I stripped the monitor mount down to the basic bracket and welded on an extension to get it up to a comfortable height.

The table top surface edge has been finished with some black powdercoated aluminum I bent up at work and 3d printed corners.

And now it’s time to tear into the machine build :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That is a good set up. I am goint to use my tool cabinet as a desk also, because I do not have much room in my garage. I also bought a reconditioned win 10 to run my MR1 .
I got a e-mail saying machines are shipping so you and I may receive delivery soon.
good luck.

Whats your order number papa?

Last distraction I swear haha. 3d printed holder for the wireless keyboard. 2 sided taped down to see if I like it.

7 Likes

You need to tidy up those flash drives sir.

4 Likes

Ha I will do that. The funny part is I’m sitting at my desk at work where I have a USB hub with a custom printed V8 inspired holder and a embedded 1" steel rod for extra weight.

I’ll go full nerd if I have to :rofl:

6 Likes

bluetooth keyboard holder - change back to STL.dxf (1.0 MB)

STL file (change extension back after download) attached in case anyone wants it :+1:

4 Likes

Please make me two of those. Let me know how much… Awsome…

1 Like

Thanks for posting the keyboard STL. Ender 3 working on it, 14 hour print.

@BigDaddy2166 I’m happy to print you out a couple. The easiest way for me to do this is just to add to my website and have you place an order. That captures all the payment stuff. I don’t know what the etiquette is for selling on this forum?

https://www.carter-eng-fab.com/product/keyboard-holder

@JDE Thanks for printing one! I made a few changes to the latest like added screw holes and lowering the angle so it captures the keyboard better. You can reprint if you want or use the one you have, up to you.

Updated stl for those that want to print one for yourself:

[bluetooth keyboard holder R2 Change to STL.dxf|attachment]
(upload://n6m6hiD7r2VNNdxFmmEJPLrtqmK.dxf) (1.0 MB)

4 Likes

I feel like an aluminum one, milled from the MR-1, is due very soon

4 Likes

Chad, The holder is perfect. I opened the box and started smiling. Your awesome man.