New torch arrived...hehe....s45 machine torch

Gotcha. And you’re looking for 2 sets, correct? Thanks

I’m actually just looking for 1 set. 2 clamps for 1 torch.

1 Like

Uh oh @Lil_Abners_Kustoms, sounds like youre about to get busy!

1 Like

Lol! It’s Rich Horn’s fault! Can’t leave anything stock with this group, lol! Excited to see what you’ve been working on in the background, I KNOW there are things on the horizon Daniel.

Best, Steve.

1 Like

Nothing spectacular but drilled and spot faced the Langmuir mounting bar for the 2nd torch mount bolt and added a silicone funnel

1 Like

What does the funnel do for you?

I’m thinking I need one of those machine torch kits for the Razorweld cut 45!

It does a good job of knocking down the spray and keeping the water down. Quite a few guys on IG use them on their other brands of tables. I’ve had one on my optical tracer without a water for quite awhile before replacing it. Roll it up if you’re going to do 1/4 and up, tends to melt the edges a bit.

Huh. Good to know. You definitely want it dialed in so you’re not going too fast and spewing sparks off the top surface.

Did you 3D print it?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/INMAKER-Collapsible-Funnel-Silicone-Foldable/dp/B01M4R5HH3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540259381&sr=8-1&keywords=collapsible+funnel&dpID=417DNUwuECL&preST=SY300_QL70&dpSrc=srch

1 Like

Cool. Small looks good right?

Yeah. What gamblegarage posted. Work great and are cheap. You’ll be surprised at how well they stand up to the torch.

I was very surprised. I don’t use mine as much anymore but it’s still on the torch just not a cone. It’s great and keeping the smoke down, but now if you can hook up a vacuum to it that would be better.

1 Like

The guys over at the race shop have the same optical tracer as mine and they put the welding fume extractor tube and a furnace fan over the table. Works very well.

Hi guys and gals, a quick pic of the mount I just sent to Zimmerman Motorsports. I have one more mount about 90% complete if someone is looking for one. I think I’m going to take a whack at building the whole mount so you don’t have to drill and use the factory one, those will be more money though of course. These are done on manual machines at my home.
This one is $85 shipped in the USA. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Happy cutting, Steve.

5 Likes

I don’t understand the color of the torch switch wires. How do they wire to Langmuir control box?

The 2 wires have no polarity
Doesn’t matter which wire is which
Just connect them to the 2 ports on the control panel

What are you using as your red splash guard?

Hi, those are silicone kitchen funnels from Amazon. Cheap and effective.

1 Like