NEW: Download and Share Cut Ready G-Code on FireShare

(I bought the Razorweld45)

All the ‘cut ready’ files I’ve looked at so far haven’t had any information on what the baseline for their code is set for.

I’ve never done ANY CNC so it’s all new to me.

From what I’m gathering I should choose the option for ‘custom settings’ and set them accordingly to the cut chart (which ill find) for my plasma cutter based on the thickness of my material.
I appreciate the reply - I’m sure I’ll be back for more help.

1 Like

@Ladarian hey hows it going? when did you order your PRO? i ordered mine 2/23. just curious how long it took. thanks.

January 7th. (sorry to derail the thread)

1 Like

@langmuirsystems Would be nice to post user photos on FireShare comment section.

@LostWallet Welcome back to The Forum

I just started this topic the other day trying to get some traction on fire share improvements and updates.

10 Likes

I recently tried someones file, but had an issue where the first pierce worked from my set location, each additional pierce moved up to 1" and of course wouldnt cut. Maybe it was something I did wrong, but definitely defeated the purpose of cut ready file.

Remember Langmuir just provides a place for people to share their files. Its up to you to double check to make sure the file is cut ready.

5 Likes

I agree hard to get something for nothing, do your work to make sure it lines up before cutting.

what if it doesnt show “cut ready for” ? is that left to be finished and if so how ?

If it doesn’t say “cut ready” , it’s just a DXF or SVG file that needs to be run through a CAM program to create a cut file.

Just so you know, most of the files are in a zip folder that needs to be extracted to get to the files inside.

1 Like

Thanks, thats what ive been looking for…unzip the files first.
You never know where you will get that specific piece of advice that you need.

1 Like

How do I convert a program to G-Code

You either have to use f360 or sheetcam to create the g codes fire control uses. There are videos on YouTube and probably here as well to show you how to use whichever decide to use.

1 Like

Dustin @THECROW
I answered your question on your previous topic:

2 Likes

@THECROW the best advice I can give is to watch a bunch of videos. You can rewind them stop them and work through your project as you go. I am a sheetcam guy It has been a long time since I did anything in f360.
If you need your project soon you can post your SVG file and the specs on your plasma as well was what you are planning to cut it out of me or someone can help with it.
Making the g codes is a process with either program. Easy once you get the hang of it
I would not mind having a phone conversation some time to explain things better.
You need to decide what you plan on using for your can process though.

1 Like

Same offer as Phillip if you would like it taken thru Fusion 360, I could send the f3d file back to you. That way you will be able to back track and see how some of the settings were made in Manufacturing. Upload either the dxf, svg or f3d file into one of your posts.

And like Phillip said, we need your cut speed, cut height, and pierce pierce delay at a minimum.
If we know the plasma cutter you are using and the torch/consumables, type and thickness of metal then we can make a guess.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Phillip its appreciated I tried to get SheetCam but it says it isnt compatible with my computer. I guess what I am looking for is a concrete answer on if I can do it all (basically turn what i make into G Code and save it so that I can load it to fire control and cut). I am unfortunately very new to this and have watched hours of youtube and no one says anything about G Code they all just say do it plug in your computer and let it rip. Even at the end of the assembly instructions it basically says plug it in make your part and start cutting and that isnt how it works.

Yes ChelanJim you did and thank you for your help and reply but there are a couple of differences I had to navigate thru to get it figured out. My cutting tab is not in the turning catagory it is in the Fabrication Catagory. I didn’t want to go back to the Sketch and elevate it cause I didnt see the point. It doesnt need to be elevated to cut or turn into G Code from my understanding, correct? Those were just a couple of things that I wish werent in your instructions so it is more A to B.

Well if you computer won’t run sheetcam f360 is out as well. F360 works Best with a beast of a computer.
It may be deceptive not for sure I always understood g codes was a thing coming from a machinist background.

Arc light has some great videos about sheet am on YouTube. I would start there and the ls tutorials on the website

1 Like

True. But if you would have looked at the posting I directed you, I then switched gears to show how to use the sketch.

‘Elevating’, as you say, used to be the simple way to go to manufacturing in Fusion until about a year ago. Now the sketch selection works pretty slick. Those of us that learned Fusion 360 before the improvements are stuck in old habits.

1 Like