My CFP Build Thread

So what’s it doing? is the torch not dropping down and touching the sheet?

So is this a problem also or is this the problem?

You need to tell us more info.
How were you first cuts?
what cutter do you have?
hand torch or machine torch?
have you verified your cut height is correct?
what do you have you cut height set to?

you also might want to start a new thread as many people may not be watching your buid thread

Did you try having FireControl generate a short line cut?

yes i tried manually firing the torch

How about FireControl generating a short line cut?

if manually firing the torch thru firecontrol doesn’t fire the torch then generating a cut line is useless. He needs to figure out why it’s not firing before anything else will work.

1 Like

Ah, I miss read what he wrote. He should check that this relay functions electrically correctly (other than the click) using an ohmmeter.

Have you checked air supply to cutter?

1 Like

Yes, Q23 or Q3 iirc from that article. I am going out of town so don’t have time to tear the machine apart atm. Will try when i get home.

I will say that it will be extremely disappointing if the control board nuked itself already. I’ve only used the machine a half dozen times. Hopefully Langmuir covers the parts if I have to replace the board.

Understand, it happens. Looks like that relay is on a sub-board. They might just send one of those. Could be something else though, check the continuity of the relay contacts when its powered.

1 Like

Looks like in this photo, the torch control wires are orange and purple.

If your controller is similar, pull those quick connects apart and plug them back together. May you have some corrosion with these connections.

2 Likes

It was my stupidity. It works.

please share what the fix was, it might help others

I did in the other thread I created. Plasma cutters need air to fire the torch.

2 Likes

3D7F5343-C8BD-4DAC-ABAA-08B125812860_4_5005_c

3 Likes

v2

2 Likes

Great use of the Fireball square!

1 Like

ack. Machine was working great until this evening. Tried to cut my new packout shelf design and it is kaput.

IMG_6626

I tried to lower the PH and cut height by 0.01 and same… Yes I remembered the air this time. :slight_smile: I don’t have a new set of consumables. Only had the one inner cone part, not the nozzle thingamajig.

You have feed rate set at 0? Bump the plunge rate to 60 ipm or higher to.

1 Like

.5 pierce delay? is that 1/4" material?