Limit Switch Homing Kit for CrossFire and CrossFire PRO is COMING!

So is “HOME” where I started and “zeroed” my cut?? Without the switch kit?

It will have home position in the left back corner against the limit switches, and once configured, soft limits at the opposite end of travel on XY. This will prevent crashes.

It also gives you a known coordinate to start from so if you set up a jig or some kind of stops for your material on the slate bed, it gives you a repeatable setup even if you lose you work coordinate, you just home the machine and you can be back in business.

The Home position will be Machine Zero. G54 will be Work Zero, which you can define anywhere on the bed.

1 Like

Ok thanks so much, since I’m the one that has to figure out all the tech stuff I think we will just keep it like it is! :joy: why fix it if it’s not broken!:joy:

2 Likes

Just ordered the limit switch kit, great price too! If you are an existing customer after using the promo code they will email you, the kit is only $75! That’s honestly a fantastic price, I wasn’t exactly on the fence about the limit switch kit but at that price a lot of people who might have been won’t be…Is there anything stopping us from running on the front left corner instead of the back left corner? Is FireControl only able to run it from one spot?

3 Likes

Hey Kevin,

FireControl will assume the limit switches are installed in the back left corner - homing sequence will always send the machine there. That corner becomes the machine zero. Additionally, when setting the soft limits you can’t input negative values, so you can’t install them on the other corners and set the soft limits in the opposite direction.

2 Likes

Understood thank you for the response.

I have Crossfire Pro order # 8644 how do I get the discount on the limit switches?
Thanks, Mike

1 Like

You should have an email

I Didn’t get the email…??

@mr540602 & @MechanicJon - just sent both of you DM’s!

Greetings…

As we purchased the Crossfire 2nd hand, but the XL and THC were purchased from LS, would we be eligible for the discount?

Thanks!

What is the lead time on the limit switch kits?

I already received a tracking# for mine…

-TM

2 Likes

@GaltsGarage i got a tracking number within 24 hours…it hasnt actually shipped but that was over the Holiday.

1 Like

I ordered mine 5 days ago and haven’t gotten the tracking number yet, only reason I’m asking. It was as you said over the holiday weekend though and it could just be a small backlog.

1 Like

Me too. I ordered on the 23rd. We’re somewhere in the queue :blush:

1 Like

i need to clarify…i ordered two items on nov 25th at 10:09am cst. the limit switch kit and a machine torch clamp. i just looked back at all of the history. the label was created same day and the machine torch clamp shipped the very next day. looking closer the label for the switch kit was not created until the 28th of nov. at 8:09 cst. looking at the tracking progress…the label is made but the item has not actually shipped yet.

1 Like

To clarify what’s going on with the tracking numbers: the shipping confirmation email with tracking information is sent out automatically as soon as the shipping label is printed. We printed the first batch of labels in preparation and they should be out the door by the end of the week at the latest. We are giving some to USPS today!

5 Likes

Thanks, i appreciate the heads up.

Please see the firmware update notice posted!

1 Like