Limit Switch Homing Kit for CrossFire and CrossFire PRO is COMING!

There’s a $20 discount code in the announcement email - that should more than cover the cost of domestic shipping.

[EDIT] - just wanted to clarify that the discount code is only for customers with previous CrossFire/CrossFire PRO orders.

4 Likes

Very cool.
Just placed my order

1 Like

Me too. I suspect they are going to have a lot of orders when they get in on Monday…

1 Like

Just ordered mine as well.

Thanks, I missed that email, looked again and have now ordered :+1:

1 Like

Hey everyone, Becky here! Thinking about getting this for Joe for Xmas! I have read all the comments and just have a not seen the answer to @toolboy question. Does the torch lift up before returning to home? And my question is does it automatically go to home when the cut is finished, or do I have to add some code? Thanks

1 Like

@langmuir-reilly

Good news Reilly!! I checked my Inbox and Spam folder as well and don’t come up with an email… Wondering if they’ve all been sent at this time?? Existing customer here…

Thanks for any help… Bill

1 Like

@KX9M Just sent you a DM!

1 Like

Got it Reilly!!! Thanks a bunch!!

@TortillaMan In Texas hold’em at least you would have made final table.

1 Like

oops missed that previous order part. No biggie!

A CrossFirePRO gantry and a Limit Switch Homing Kit were playing poker at a tournament.
The Limit Switch said:

“Hit me…”

-TM

5 Likes

To which the Crossfire pro replied, “I’m out, I’ve hit my limit.”

4 Likes

Becky - This is my best guess without having the kit:

This kit only contains limit switches for X and Y. There is no limit switch for Z, so that would not be part of the home routine. The torch would remain at its current height during homing.

With the current post processor there is no command added to Home the machine when cutting is complete. The Z axis is retracted by 1" after the completion of the last cut and remains in that position. The Home command (G28) can be added to the end of the G-Code, but I am not sure if this is recognized in FireControl. One of the XR guys might know. I think the G28 syntax is G28 G91 X0 Y0

1 Like

@Thunderskunk BRAVO!! Well done! :+1:

-TM

That would be my thoughts as well. I’d add that adding a home routine to the end of every program should be a relatively simple post edit. And the vast majority of users could probably get away with putting in a 1-1.5" Z lift without over traveling.

Personally, I’d rather it not automatically go home at program end, and would prefer a single button push on the control to do so.

It is a single button push; you can home the machine by pressing the “Home” button in FireControl! We figured an additional button for “Home at the end of this program” would be redundant.

4 Likes

Excellent! Keep up the great work, guys.

I usually manually move the torch over solid metal for the post flow anyways to keep the splash at a minimum.

1 Like

Thanks @JDE ! So it does nothing except stop it at a certain point when I move it back to the corner, is that correct? :thinking:ETA I see LS said you can hit home and it will go back to the corner.