Limit Switch Homing Kit for CrossFire and CrossFire PRO is COMING!

I ordered mine 5 days ago and haven’t gotten the tracking number yet, only reason I’m asking. It was as you said over the holiday weekend though and it could just be a small backlog.

1 Like

Me too. I ordered on the 23rd. We’re somewhere in the queue :blush:

1 Like

i need to clarify…i ordered two items on nov 25th at 10:09am cst. the limit switch kit and a machine torch clamp. i just looked back at all of the history. the label was created same day and the machine torch clamp shipped the very next day. looking closer the label for the switch kit was not created until the 28th of nov. at 8:09 cst. looking at the tracking progress…the label is made but the item has not actually shipped yet.

1 Like

To clarify what’s going on with the tracking numbers: the shipping confirmation email with tracking information is sent out automatically as soon as the shipping label is printed. We printed the first batch of labels in preparation and they should be out the door by the end of the week at the latest. We are giving some to USPS today!

5 Likes

Thanks, i appreciate the heads up.

Please see the firmware update notice posted!

1 Like

@langmuir-reilly

I also haven’t been able to find an email with the code. Found the announcement email. Please send me a code.

Thanks!

Limitsthanks is the code all caps

2 Likes

Just received my limit switch kit. I’ll try install tomorrow.

2 Likes

Have completed install. Fire control was already up to date with V21.1.4 and completed machine firmware up to V1.3ls. Have restarted computer and control box. Issues is that the “Reset default” option in machine settings menu is not there?

EDIT

Figured it out. Had to delete FIRECONTROL, then download V21.1.5. Was at V21.1.4 and when using software update it said it was at the most current version.

2 Likes

Hi, will the limit switch stop accidental crashing while jogging?

Thanks for the helpful responses, this forum is awesome!

It give you a hard stop before the machine contacts it’s own frame. Then soft stops before it reaches the other end of the frame. Setting home give you addition of machine coordinates so if you have a crash or cutter failure it will be easier to find your cut location. Second is if you load a single sheet of metal you can nest individual project tell you use up the hole sheet.

Hi, will the limit switch stop accidental crashing while jogging?

AE95

5h

“It give you a hard stop before the machine contacts it’s own frame. Then soft stops before it reaches the other end of the frame. Setting home give you addition of machine coordinates so if you have a crash or cutter failure it will be easier to find your cut location. Second is if you load a single sheet of metal you can nest individual project tell you use up the hole sheet.”

That sounds like no.

It has a hard stop at home a switch you come in contact with. Then a soft stop meaning it will only let it travel so far. My understanding is yes it will prevent a crash. Ls provided a link to a Instagram post with a video of a machine homing. I am not sure if that video is still available.

1 Like

Thanks for the response but I think I should rephrase the question. Will or should the machine stop at the limits while jogging?, I ask because in my experience it does NOT prevent crashes while jogging in either direction, however it will home, and I assume it will stop at the preset limits (I haven’t run any programs as of yet since LS install)

Sounds like you have the limit kit installed but it not working properly. First of check your firecontrol version. Needs to be V21.1.5 if yours is older than the reset machine option will not be present and limit setup will not function properly. You can tell the machine reset was not done because during homing it will move really slow. Normal homing should run at 120 ipm. Once set properly if you try to jog it to limit switches the carriage will stop and a warning that the limit switch was trigger will come up in firecontrol. Same for the soft limits once the carriage is jogged to the preset distance from home it will stop and a warning will come up in firecontrol indicating the soft limit has been reached. This should be a few thousandths before the carriage makes contact with end of the frame.

1 Like

Yes. With Soft Limits enabled (it’s optional), it will stop the machine from crashing into the limit switch or the opposite side of the limit switch.

3 Likes

Generic Cadd. I was so fast with that… it just worked then Autodesk killed it.

2 Likes

JaVelin i agree completely

1 Like