It's been awhile. Post those projects!

The texture you’re seeing on that bee is from a orbiting sander.

This is how I hit all my mild steel pieces before they get heat, paint, powder or and patina.

If I am doing brushed stainless steel I have a couple Eastwood contour SCT s for getting it back to a #4 finish in the weld area.

My business partner and I have looked at buying a Time saver potentially and or a vibratory parts tumbler, maybe in 2022.

2 Likes

Nice build.
heres some pics of grapple I built for customer to go on his bobcat.

5 Likes

Are those Dalton Hydraulics cylinders? Been considering doing some business with them once my current supply of cylinders run out.

I bought the cylinders from Rural king last year. Built the grapples for a different customer to fit his machine he had, then decided to buy a new machine didn’t want grapples… So, I fitted the grapples to a bobcat for a customer.

Xmas present for my wife.

5 Likes

Huh, I thought it was funny. Guess not.
@Motor2of7, in any case, nice mailbox and sign.

1 Like

Some more prototyping . This is a manual modify helicopter cargo hook basically . It to be the key link on a bison restraint so at a distance some can full release the bison.

Customer drawing

Some work in fusion 360

over to the table

Here is finished pieces ready to be cleaned and welded out.

cleaned assembly

12 parts were made out of 4 thicknesses of material 3/8, 1/4, 3/16, 26ga

4 programs, 7 total operations, 3 different consumable packs.

currently this version is being tested in the field and the next version is being developed using that feedback.

16 Likes

Nice work Tin, looks to be a money maker…

3 Likes

Impressive? No. Happy (and relieved) as can be after first couple cuts of my first real project? Totally.

Minimal dross and mostly on the circles so I think I need to figure out how to slow the speed down on the tight corners. I’m still waiting on my fine cut consumables so this was with standard.

And yeah everyone has videos and mine are no different but heck, if I took the videos I might as well share.

10 Likes

Some Christmas presets and my first attempts at powder coating

3 Likes

First Christmas themed grapple I’ve seen :wink: Nice job!

great detail

great detail…and a smart idea

Just came across this thread. Lots of cool projects. Ive just completed some actual projects on my Pro last couple weeks for Xmas presents. Been 4 months of building with my 12 year old son and getting dialed in with software etc. Carpenter by trade but love to work with metal. The computer stuff is a whole new deal. Was able to do some imports from fireshare and tweak a bit with family name for my bro and folks. Mounted on a couple pieces of glulam I cut years ago that i had laying around. Played with some different patina coloring on the two pieces. Learning that too. Hope ill be able to upload some photos. Very relieved my system is communicating correctly. Pro with Hypertherm 45 and machine torch. Looking forward to all kinds of projects now. Just have to get more efficient with inkscape and sheetcam.

10 Likes

A couple days ago I made a steel rose prototype. My CPro ripped through the 24 gauge like it ain’t no thing. The base is bit thicker, not problems there.

Next step, pull my granddaughter away from gaming and have her run the Pro, the grinder and the welder to make some of her own.

5 Likes

Nice take on the metal rose genre. I like the stem/base treatment a lot. Really nicely done!

2 Likes

Thank you. I threw together the stem and base but it turned out simple, easy and unique.

2 Likes

I’m restoring a Hornby Railways HO Scale Train Set my brother (now deceased) bought back in 1962. The engines and carriages are nowhere to be found, but all >85ft of track are in pristine condition (Austrian made). Ordered a couple Engines and rolling stock for it. Hoping to one day pass this on to my Grandson.

16gauge Aluminum sheet:

5 Likes

nicely done @Cletus

They look like nice clean cuts in the aluminum. I’m glad to see you’ve found something to keep you busy :wink: