What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

Beautiful color on the tree. Color change is quick. Are you using torch or oven or both?

Usually I use a propane rose bud they work the best. I have done them with small hand held propane torch.

You can certainly plan to redo your first. It does take some finessing

I played with hand torch last year but mine didn’t come out that nice.

It takes practice. I found that it is best is to heat a small area a little and move way then come back to it so you don’t overheat it. I usually start at the bottom because heat will move up the material and work it back and forth. Make sure you hang whatever in the air not laying on a surface.

Has anyone made or have plans to make a double stacked welding cart? I’ve got a MIG and TIG that are on separate carts, the bolt together $100 ones, but I’d like to consolidate them as they’re flimsy and taking up too much floor space.

1 Like

Here is one.

This extra example is not a dual but it is one i made from a 27" tool box

3 Likes

Modified the harbor freight cart. I have a Lincoln 210mp, Lincoln plasma cutter, Vulcan protig and Everlast 255ext with water cooler. Quick, easy, just not all that refined…but it works for me.

6 Likes

I bet that weighs a ton.

1 Like

My first design from start to finish using metal and new bambu 3D printer. Key holder for the wall.

9 Likes

Your a machine!

1 Like

I cut out a couple more Bears signs for Christmas gifts. I live in Indiana so there are quite a few Bears fans in the area. Two of the three are for family members.

18 gauge with 22 gauge backplates. Debating on upload to Fireshare since I used the bear head off their logo.

3 Likes

This worked last night for us…

2 Likes

I figured I would make another gift for a family member this morning. Used one of my simple 0.5” standoff wall hangers. I like to keep my signs clean and hide any wall mounts if possible these days.

6 Likes

Good looking helmet! Would look better with a Star on there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

4 Likes

How come you don’t tape off when spraying the blue? or don’t you like a clean line?

I personally like the transition and shows the fade instead of the clean line. The other part is the waiting a day before taping and painting second color. I made this in under 2 hrs. I had to be careful not to touch the front with my hands when applying the Lion.

2 Likes

I was thinking that

Yes I forget about taping problems with slow drying enamels. I have had trouble even after 2 days with tape marks.

Looks good, you will have the printer wore out if you don’t slow down!

2 Likes

I might bevel the edges on future designs. I did this one just because a family member really loves the Lions.

1 Like

I’ve been watching sheet metal fab videos for skills needed for my garden shaman. Saw one using a manual shrinker.

So I bought one (HF).

Made this little part in about 5 minutes. Wanted to see if I could weld a piece to this curve.

So I scanned it.

Traced the scan in inkscape, cleaned up the trace, etc.

Added a profile to cut.

Cut a test piece on a laser using hardboard. Perfect fit.

Cut one out of 18ga.

It too was a near perfect fit. So far so good.

Tried to fusion TIG this but to say I’m bad at TIG is under statement. So I switched to MIG and tried to recover. This was moderately successful. You know that “Try your welding settings on scrap first” saying, well I skipped that crucial step as you can see. Blew holes all over the place and didn’t penetrate for a 1/3 of the seam.

Tried to stitch it again, ended up welding it to my table. Ha!

Now, I’ve cleaned it up so many times that the 18ga metal is wafer thin. Good looking final piece huh? Gonna hang this on my shops’s “Wall of Shame”.

I look at this project not as a failure but a total success! The shrinker/stretcher combo offers fast and easy rounded corners. Scanning with image tracing produces near perfect part fit up. Need set up my welder on scrap first and look for a local TIG class. Most importantly, I had a blast in the shop this afternoon.

9 Likes

I always skip this step and after my first couple of crappy welds, I gradually get moderately better…. It’s about the time my welds start to get better I remember I should have done a couple of practice welds first…. I lack patience. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grimacing:

4 Likes