Fusion 360 helpful videos

I’m going to make a few videos to get this topic rolling. Please feel free to share if you make any videos…

Link to vertical numbers on a 4x4 in fusion 360…

3 Likes

Here is a video on putting letters on a pipe…

4 Likes

How to use Circular and rectangular patterning in Fusion 360…

6 Likes

Great idea Don. Thank you for the effort and sharing your knowledge and experience.

2 Likes

How to use a picture to make a part in fusion 360

8 Likes

Nice job Don!

2 Likes

Basic text but I also show how to do non-uniform text to fill up designs if needed.

5 Likes

Quick video on adding new fonts to fusion 360…

5 Likes

Thanks an appreciate you going through the trouble of making and posting the video!

2 Likes

How I use center of mass in some of my signs or projects…

3 Likes

How to make a pipe clamp or sign hanger from pipe or round object

I do have new mic coming so maybe next video will be better.

2 Likes

Has that center of mass worked well? Did stuff hang like it should?

Nice to have an idea when using this type of hanger on an odd shaped sign. I did use this sizing my big bird to make the 4 smaller ones equal so there balanced on the pole. These are my small weld on ones. For all my heavy layered signs I can’t judge so when the slot style.

Speaking from my attempts, the “center of mass” determination works very well.

The two unnerving things are that:

1. the 'center of gravity" symbol will not appear until you click “OK” in the menu box after selecting the body; and
  2. You cannot click on the ‘center of mass’ symbol since it is buried in the middle of your body.

I zoom in on the symbol and run a perpendicular construction line from the center (as close as you can get). You can then snap to the construction line and put the divot/bump or hole(s) in you piece.

Great demonstration Don!

I was actually thinking about the layered signs: You could find a reasonable center of mass by making a copy and merge all the layers together in one body. Then you could project the center of mass point on your design.

1 Like

This sign I made few months ago was 4 layers but on these I always use my standard slotted wall mounts. I just find a level line and position them. The rear picture was unfinished but did post the finished sign. This sign was very heavy at the end.

3 Likes

Here is a free nesting program that I found searching around this last weekend. It’s in the Fusion 360 App store…

4 Likes

Thanks Don for bringing this to us. I like your microphone!!!

1 Like