Everlast 82i with THC

I have this photo of how to hook uo THC using the CNC port on the back of the machine. But I wanted to make sure which wire goes to each pin, I know the pic shows + and - but In my researching it looks like the black wire is sometimes positive and the red negative?

Disclaimer: I have no clue when it comes to electronics…:rofl:

CPCcable.pdf (166.6 KB)

Pins 1 & 2 are for the torch firing wires and it doesn’t matter which wire goes to which pin, they are just closing a circuit to command the torch to fire.

Pins 4 & 6 are the divided voltage pins, with 6 being the positive. The wires that Langmuir provides for the divided voltage use the black wire to positive and the red to negative.

Everlast machines come from the factory with the divided voltage set at 16:1, so you have to remove a jumper from the board to change it to the 50:1 that Langmuir requires.

You should also know that there have been issues with the divided voltage and the raw voltage not being correct from the CNC port on the Everlast machines, so some of us have just connected to raw voltage inside the machine to avoid those issues.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you very much! I think I will try the CNC port first.

Thanks again!

@joehester
@ds690 ds is right on the money about the everlast voltage…some are good some are not.
if you search my posts you will find pictures of where I connected…right inside the case at the front where the terminal lugs are… go direct true voltage.

I run the 62i and so do a couple of friends…we all go true voltage…we never have had THC problems

Will do…Thanks for the replies! I will let you guys know if the CNC port works or not.

Well i went with the direct true voltage hook up directly to the lugs in the front of the machine. Ran a THC test and everything looked good. Started cutting and would lose arc during cut. This happened about 10 times before I gave up for the day. My voltage was ok and my live voltage was around 139V the THC light showed active and up down at times and ok. I checked ground and all the connnections. This happened on 18 guage and 3/16.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

I did exactly as you said and hooked directly to the front of the machine for true voltage, it worked like a champ after that. Started cutting and would lose arc during cut. This happened about 10 times before I gave up for the day. My voltage was ok and my live voltage was around 139V the THC light showed active and up down at times and ok. I checked ground and all the connnections. This happened on 18 guage and 3/16.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

ok…have you tried all the basics…

• laptop not plugged in or on a ground isolation plug
    -is it at the same spot it stops…or some place new each time?
  • where is your clamp attached to?..table or sheet of metal?

did you run the torch test in FireControl?

Yes I did run the torch test. Laptop not plugged in. It seemed to stop in different spots. My clamp was attched to the work piece.

@langmuir-daniel
I have copied Daniel on this as it seems odd that you are loosing arc at random places.
are you getting the error screen…or it just stops… ?
I also think your voltage it to high…

what post processor are you using 360 or sheetcam?

1 Like

What were your settings? If you were at to high of amps and to slow of speed this will happen.

1 Like

Sheet cam, I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong…that’s a newbie for ya😂

I ran 20 amps on 18guage and 45 amps on 3/16. I dont remember the torch speed and I dont see it on my sceen. (I took a video of it running once). I am very new to this and you have me wondering if my speed is to slow when I entered it in to sheetcam (Im new to that as well)… Im sure its me though. I have tripled checked my wiring job and it passes the THC torch test in fire control.

What if it is stopping in different locations? What would be the cause of that happening?

try a dry run in fire control…so if it does the whole pattern…
the go back to sheetcam and check your torch speed…you could very well be going to slow…
I am running around 95ipm on 11guage at 42 amps
14 gauge I am running 30 amps at 120ipm…

Will do, thanks for the help!

let me know how it goes…

It did indeed run through the entire cut in fire control when I selected dry run so I bet you are right, my speed is to slow. I have been trying to use a MACBOOK Pro with paralells a (Virtual Machine) so I can use Sheetcam with hardly any luck. So…I have bit the bullet once again and purchased a PC so i will wait until I get it set up…AGAIN and give her another try.:roll_eyes:

But seriously I am HOOKED on this bad boy :+1:, Thanks for the help!

Oh I have the CF Pro and an Everlast Power Plasma 82i machine.

1 Like

great attitude…
I am running a Pro with a 62i…20 gallon compressorn through 50’ copper cooling coil on wall soon through a refrigerated dryer…to a 60 gallon reserv tank…then a basic filter and desiccant beads then through a motorguard filter before my plasma…

1 Like

I like the reserve tank Idea! I have a 5 stage desicant dryer for shop then it runs through a motorguard M60 filter before going to plasma cutter. I have never had any moisture issue but I have never worried about a plasma cutter either. I think I went over board with the 82i but the week I purchased it they had a sale and I got it for real close to the same price as the 62i. Anyway I will let you know how it works once I get my new PC up and running.