Cutzilla. plate marker

Not sure why you need the .030 pierce clearance or why you zeroed the lead in/out in lieu of unchecking the boxes. Is there something going on that isn’t obvious? On the “Link” tab I can see where you may want to define the entry point in some cases and also change the sideways compensation to “center” under the “Passes” tab.

@moonshinefabworks @mjpotts I played with settings for a little while and if you uncheck the lead boxes still show an straight lead in simulator. Play with the settings and send us screen shots of your new settings!!!

@Israeltop mind posting the gcode to your test run? I’d like to compare it to the gcode output by SheetCAM. Thanks.

Hmm, I checked the simulator and didn’t see lead-ins at all after the boxes were unchecked. They didn’t show up in the cam toolpath rendering either. Are you sure you weren’t looking at the retracted toolpath moving into position?

Didn’t get a chance to test myself last night, but I will tonight.

I uncheck the lead’s boxes and still show the lead on the simulator.

Here’s my G-code. I haven’t tried SheetCam yet.

easy 1st test.nc (20.7 KB)

Do you have the correct job selected for the simulator?

Yes, I just created that test only. Maybe is something on my end.

I tried a similar design and could not replicate your issue. Here’s the pics.

Passes

At this point clicking OK returns the following warning… I hit “yes”

The simulator ran fine. I don’t have a table so the settings are just assumed to work. Anyway, this is my shot at the problem.

I think you got it figured, it was on my end. I had 100 ipm @ the lead’s feed rates. I haven’t test yet but it kind click once I saw your settings.

Good luck. If you get a chance can you check out the entry position feature? Since the scribe has a thin kerf curious if you are noticing any overlap at the starts and stops.

I will, once I get back from spring break. :mask::airplane::beach_umbrella:

This how i mounted my Cutzilla plate marker. I used the two holes that mount the Z axis. I will not be using the plate maker all the time. I made it with what i had, 3/8’ x 3 ’ x 8 1/2" Aluminum plate. You can cut out the mounting plate out of 14 ga steel. if you have your machine running, just use the by using the DXF. the slot is oversized by 0.01 the holes are 0.250, I would drill them.

Cutzilla langmuir mount.dxf (17.9 KB)

1 Like

Has anyone tried the Easyscriber with the Razorweld 45 ? Will the tip fit ?

1 Like

I’m trying get same answer from Easyscriber they say If your torch can use the Hypertherm retaining cap #220854, swirl ring #220857, and electrode 220842 then this will work in your torch.
since our Torchs are ( New X45 Torch / Tecmo PH70) it uses different retaining cap
But I remember seeing retaining cap teeths are same with #220854 so it should fit inside but i’m not %100 sure some one needs to confirm this.

(or my question is can i machine piece can hold easyscriber to work with. since It does not require electricity or air. )

I have been in touch with Easyscriber and they replied we are trying to confirm… that was last week … so will see … I like the idea of machining a holder…

This is what I came up with for electrical for the Cutzilla. THC off, IHS off, 0 lead in/out, 0 pierce dwell, center of loop. No breakout board required. Any thoughts?

I don’t think that will work. Cutzilla has 2 relays in its box and fire control has a relay to fire the torch. The plug that fire control has is one side of the relay. That is the way my Crossfire was wired. I can’t test my pro yet to cold in my garage, to finish building the pro. If Langmuir would show the inputs and outputs for Fire Control would be great.

Don’t give up the diagram just yet. The LS controller box(torch connection) is nothing but a relay contact for firing your plasma cutter. In this case it is used to fire Cutzilla instead. I’ve opened the box up on the Cutzilla and found a 5 vdc(coil side) relay that switches the 2 12vdc vdc optical relays you mentioned. Already tried the above on the bench and it works. This configuration should work with g-code that when giving the command to fire the torch will fire cutzilla instead.

So I will need another 5vdc source?