I think I have finally found as ideal a design for laser guides for the Crossfire Pro as I need. I’ve looked at a number of different scenarios from forum posts and YouTube videos and come up with this blended solution. My prior guides were poorly located but still did OK…this new scheme is much better. The visibility is great until you get within one half inch of the material, and there is no splashing on the lasers.
One - Guide plate cut on Crossfire Pro from 1/8” aluminum or 14ga steel (I can attach the file if desired)
Two - 12mm “line” laser guides – Amazon…your choice of price ranges
Two - FreeMascot 360 Degree Stand (don’t use the mounting plate) - Amazon
Four - 3.5mm short screws (typically found in most computer mounts and boards)
Four - #12-28x3/4 bolts (any head type)
- Cut the guide plate and paint or finish as desired (no lead in/out)
- Drill the two 1/4 inch holes for the 360 degree stands bolts (pilot holes are already cut)
- Peel the labels off the lasers (the fit was that tight in the stands)
- Bolt the guide plate to the four screw holes in the top Z-axis motor
- Mount lasers in stand holder
- Replace the wing nuts on the stand clamps with the 12-28 bolts (to get better grip)
- Bolt stand holders to guide plate is seen in the pictures here
- Tighten all bolts after rough alignment
- Lower torch to ¼” from test metal and manual fire torch on and off quickly.
- Raise torch and carefully move the lasers to the center of the cut hole