Bar sink drain dimple die

I actually used kitchen sink drains…the basic Home Depot style…drains it down right to almost zero…the rest in the pan evaporates then I can scrape out the crap…

1 Like

@jazzato

Hey Jesse,

Gentle nudge here… please let us know how you are coming along with the dies. We’ve got a few people in the queue now behind you and would like to keep things moving along. :+1:

Thanks!

-TM

It was mailed. USPS tracking

9534 6141 3577 2264 3669 92

1 Like

Is there a list to signup to for the dimple die?

Not really a formal list @TortillaMan may have an idea of who you could reach out to.

Can you post a dimensioned drawing of the die set? I’ll turn my own and if someone else needs them when I’m done, I’ll be happy to share them with the group.

Matt
Olympia, WA

5 Likes

I wish I would have kept the dimensions when I 3d modeled the dies nortonscustoms created when I had them…but unfortunately I didn’t, and right now my 3d printer is down so I can’t print to take measurements. Anyone wants to play around with the 3d model, I can post a link…can’t 100% say if it will work, first real thing I modeled…but the previews look correct. Not sure if you can get measurements from the 3d file. I’ll have to look into that.

1 Like

See @nortonscustoms description from above.

@mnicolia sent me this f3d file of the dies: Bar Sink Drain Dies v2.f3d

I created this dimensioned drawing from the sketch: Bar Sink Drain Dies v2 Drawing v1.pdf

I believe the original file was drawn in mm for 3D printing, that’s why the imperial measurements are odd.

I didn’t turn a set yet because I might use a different size drain and modify the die.

2 Likes

Yeah, I drew it up in mm, because i was going to attempt to 3d print one, just to give people more options like I’ve seen with the original drains dies.

I would like to join the list. I’m still unsure who’s managing the list. :slight_smile:

I think @TortillaMan just got them maybe over the weekend or today?.. looks like @Swarrley would be next on the list? Perhaps reach out to him and see if there is someone else on in line.

Hey everybody - I went through the replies after mine and I think the list is as such now:

@TortillaMan
@Swarrley
@Downsra
@MnEnterprise
@stahlee

Tracking shows this was delivered to @TortillaMan today and I have passed my shipping details on to him for when he is ready. @Downsra - I hope to turn these around quickly once I receive them, just DM me your shipping address when you can.

-S

1 Like

Dimple Dies were received this morning in Texas… no fooling around, they have already been put to use and are back in the box ready to head out tomorrow to @Swarrley :grinning:

Used a 2" annular cutting head on a test piece, and the lower die fits with just a little bit of extra room. If you really wanted to be super anal-retentive a 1-7/8" cutter is probably a perfect fit.

The dies worked perfectly on the test piece, so there was no point wasting time. Cut the 2" holes in the water table trays… fitted up the dies with the supplied bolt and washers and gave it a few ugga-duggas with the air impact gun.

The drains from Menards, look great and sit nice and flush… just as advertised. :+1:

This shipping box has really made the rounds… I saw previous markings from UT, PA, OH, and now TX. The cardboard was getting a little “soft” from the heavy dies banging around inside it, so it got a little bit of extra reinforcement on the inside and about a 1/2 roll of clear tape on the outside. Rich (@Swarrley) I hope you… (and all subsequent recipients) enjoy the new customized packaging.

-TM

7 Likes

I think that’s a new record on turnaround time! I need some time management lessons from @TortillaMan !!

1 Like

Where in TX are you? I’m in Leander.

1 Like

Just down the street in Round Rock. Not far from Rudy’s BBQ at I-35 if you know where that is…

-TM

Reason I ask is I could grab the die from you and take care of mine quick and then I could send it out.

Just keeping the thread updated - @TortillaMan has shipped the dies and they should get to me around the end of the week according to tracking. I am hoping I can knock this out over the weekend and get them sent back out quickly.

Current list after me:

@Downsra
@MnEnterprise
@stahlee

1 Like

Quick question, what size drain are the dies for? The 2 bar sink drains i have has a shank diameter of 1.82" and a flare on topside of 2.80".