Bar sink drain dimple die

Thanks much appreciated.

So here is my current setup…hopefully it proves to work ok. now it’s not shown in this pictures but my bar drains have a piece of brown scratch pad working as a filter at the drain. I know alot of people are putting inline filters in the drain…but I’m using a sock filter down in my water tank. All I have left to do is get the hose to run from my sprayer tank, to the water table to re return the fluid. Anyone else using a Filter Bag? I guess if it doesn’t work I’ll try something else.

1 Like

You have allot shorter tailpiece then what I have. What is that first fitting you are using? I cut my tail pipe down but It still drops 4-6” inches from the bottom of the table. I like your setup.

1 Like

I’m using a tailpiece I’m using has threads in with an rubber gasket no floating nut to tighten. I cut mine down to about 2"s. The Tailpiece from Menards I’m using. I also used the tightest 90 degree

3 Likes

I spend a ridiculous amount of time at Menards every week and have never seen those. Very cool! :+1: Running 1-1/2" all the way back to tank, that thing will drain FAST. Well done.

2 Likes

Gentleman. Got the dies thanks. What size hole saw did you go with?

1 Like

I used a 2” hole saw

With this die set?

Yes with this die set, I was just before @mnicolia.

If I remember right the die was a little over 1.9”

I used 1 3/4" hole saw, and it was the perfect size. fit the drain with just a little wiggle room.

How well does that pump work for you? Most I seen online didn’t get that well of a rating…but the pump I’m using takes forever to fill my table back up. Can drain it in seconds…but fill up takes awhile with my current pump so looking for pump idea’s.

@mnicolia I can’t say I’ve used it a lot, but it’s still alive. There are all kinds of warnings on running it dry that make the plastic/rubber? impeller bite the dust. I definitely had to play with spreading out the flow to not have it end up shooting out over my pan. I think they have ones with a brass impeller for ~50% more. Harbor Freight at its finest. Always a calculated gamble… :wink:

Why not just use pressurized air to push the fluid back up out of the storage tank? Obviously you already have air coming to the table for the plasma cutter so that part is easy. A simple regulator will allow you to “tune” how fast (and violently) the water will push back up through the drains.

Might be worth a try and its simple

-TM

3 Likes

This is really cool, thank you @nortonscustoms for sharing!

I think if I have followed the thread, @TortillaMan is currently the last on the list - Could I snag them once you are done with yours?

I just received my pro this week and am still in the process of unboxing and setting up yet. Thanks again for sharing!

That’s correct!

@jazzato already got my shipping address a couple of days ago, so I think they should be arriving soon. My intention is to do a really fast turnaround on these. My table is about 1/2 way assembled at this point and the pans/drains are my next assembly step… so the timing is perfect

-TM

1 Like

my tank isn’t one that can be pressurized easily…maybe if I ever get another tank, I have will think about doing a pressurized tank setup. I just used what I had available.

These dies still around? If so, i wouid definitely like to use them to install “bar drains” in my table. I’ve 3D printed the dies to recess the original stock drains on the table but rather would like to go with bar drains. Pro table being delivered 9/21

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn’t take long for the trays to lose that “new” look!

I have bar drains…the profile is so low to begin with you really do not have to dimple the table for them to work…

Ah…thank you, good to know. May i ask what bar drains you are using?