X axis lead screw chatter and vibrating

No there are not screw holes on each side which is why this makes no sense to me. Only way flipping the lead screw in my mind would work is if you also moved the motor and its mount which is not possible. I was about to post a video to show why I don’t think this is possible.

Sorry about that then. I didn’t look to see that only one end was tapped. Back with my original Crossfire (even before the XL mod) I had an issue with one of the lead screws that Langmuir diagnosed by having me flip the lead screw end over end. I didn’t think they had tapped only one end. I should have looked at the Pro directions to see that it wasn’t possible to do now.

No worries. Your trying to help and I appreciate your time.

I eliminated most of the vibration when I discovered and fixed the loose connectors that fix the lead nut to the mounting bracket.

Were your losing zero when you had issues with the X axis? Mine is giving me issues when it gets out in the top right corner of the table (+X/+Y) position. When I run the break-in program, my zero position on the Y axis remains perfect, however my zero position on the X axis ends up being off anywhere from ~2-5+ inches by the end of the program.

I purchased my machine “used” from a guy who purchased it, and ordered the XR before he even got the Pro in his possession. He literally put it together to see that the table moved, never had fired the plasma or even installed the THC before I bought it off him. Unfortunately, according to Langmuir, they will not transfer the remainder of the warranty to me (at least that was the answer I received on the phone the other day).

Chaz your coupling device that connects you motor to your lead screw is not tight enough. Tighten it up and you shouldn’t lose your point of origin when going back to zero. I had so many issues with mine doing this I just drilled a hole through the coupler and the center of the lead screw and put a nut and bolt right through it. Mine doesn’t even have the option to slip now.

2 Likes

I will address that this afternoon, thank you very much!