What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

Made a mount for a 12" Vevor metal shear on the back side of an english wheel.

10 Likes

4 hours to make that? Is that from start of design to having it mounted?

I Wish I could think that well! Nicely done! Have you ever showed your equipment for engraving?

I finally got around to making a TIG filler rod holder for my welding cart.

Designed in FreeCAD, bent on a harbor freight 36" brake, dimple dies from Amazon. Made from .080" aluminum.

I still need to get some 2" black PVC pipe to finish it up.

9 Likes

I have that same tig welder.

2 Likes

I know someone shared some links for some dino’s but I don’t think the Pterodactyl was included so figure I’ll add it here

Pterodactyl Nested.zip (63.7 KB)

No instructions so use this as a simple guide; suggest separating into small groups like shown -

Here’s the skull, slotted in the manner shown. Go ahead and tack weld it on the backside -

Now you can tack weld it to the spine -

The ribs go from largest to smallest, beginning at the second slot from front to back -

Set the assembly aside and start working on the claws by tacking them to the feet -

The spine assembly you set aside can now be tack welded with the leg assembly -

Next up, these pieces on the pelvis go on -

Time for the wings; I like to assemble things then flip them over for my tack welds -

The joints go next -

And finally the remainder of the wings -

That first slot we saved on the spine? That’s for the wings -

I’m sure you can find an easier way to do it but this allows fitting parts up easily without having to stick a torch in any awkward or tight spot for welding it together -

All in all a 5 minute job.

The zip file containing the DXF is not sized for any particular gauge metal. You will have to adjust the nesting and dimensions based on your own cut settings and desired thickness

Just like my 10 gauge slotted parts, I also run my 12 gauge slotted parts to give me .02" play for easy fitment -

13 Likes

Hey @Kwikfab, did you catch @TinWhisperer excellent video on using Slicer? Probably something you’d enjoy and want to acquire from Autodesk. Slicer, I mean.

Twitch (and youtube) Live Streams CAD CAM - Software / Tutorials - Langmuir Systems Forum

4 Likes

I rarely jump on this forum (hate the layout/formatting)

But that video is super cool thanks for the tag, I’ll have to mess with that one day

2 Likes

I agree this is a difficult forum to navigate…

2 Likes

I guess it what you get used to. This is the easiest for me and everything other one is hard

2 Likes

That is a super share and a great write-up. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Nelson,

This is really cool, thanks for sharing! If you post this as its own thread in Projects, I can pin it :smile:. This is a pretty monstrous thread, I’d hate to see your post get buried in it.

3 Likes

Will do! Didn’t realize that section existed.

Great idea Reilly!

And you are right…so many different and good things presented in this thread but how could someone find them all?!

1 Like

HOW TOXIC IS THIS SLUG?

I live in the country with a septic tank, 40 chickens, a 1/4acre garden and stream that runs at the back of my 10 acres.

My analytical brain tells me its metal dust, borax and alittle WD40. However it looks way worst.

How are folks disposing of the liquid when doing a change over?

Im switching to Sterling Cool and doing a 2 tank system after I install the sink drains. Tank 1 is a settling tank and tank 2 will pump fluid back to the table.

Thanks in advance for your disposal thoughts. I dont want to poison my animals or garden (myself)

You mention having a garden. If it were me, I’d use a rotor tiller and incorporate it into the soil. Of course not in the garden.

“Borax, the soap used in the making of slime, has low risk to pets,” says Heather Handley, DVM, Senior Consulting Veterinarian, Clinical Toxicology at the Pet Poison Helpline. "If ingested, self-limiting vomiting may occur.

Handley adds that it “is not likely” that a dog or cat would be able to ingest the lethal dose of 974 mg/kg, or nearly 1 gram of borax per kilogram of their body weight.

Overall toxicity… fairly low, but you don’t want your chickens taking it in like they do fine gravel. Of course, the WD-40 might make egg laying a bit “smoother” for them :grin:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When I first saw that I thought you had waited too long to change you oil. Is that thick like oil?
If it was me I would dump in with my waste oil

1 Like

The solids fall out of it over night and you can actually see the bottom. That was while I was cleaning things out.

Got the table dimpled and mailed the dies out to the next guy. Getting the water pan TIG welded next week.

Still trying to finalize my water tank design Im switching from Borax to Sterling Cool.

I used the crossfire to cut my drain holes.

3 Likes

i need that file lol

off topic but did you cut your fixture table or did you get it somewhere? ive been trying to decide if its fisable to do one on a pro and be “good enough”