What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

The Dinosaur needed a little help in the upper spine I used too thin of metal on that piece the rest was done with 10 gauge. The bird turned out pretty good. Family votes more Birds. I had to adjust all the slits for 10 gauge.
IMG_1593
IMG_1599
IMG_1600
IMG_1601

7 Likes

Nice!

You and @Kwikfab need to get together and share files. I know he has been adjusting the size on a T-Rex.

5 Likes

Kwikfab’s T has better detail. The T I made was off of FIreshare it needed work before it could be cut out. I need to step up my game a little.

Making a coat rack for my parents kitchen. I had added holes for some hooks, but came across this premade at Home Depot. Not a very good pic, but… They are in their late 80’s and they both love to watch cowboy shows.

6 Likes

Nice work! Love the western coat rack!

They don’t make westerns like they used to! I don’t know how many channels my parents have… they don’t either… always tuned to the old western channel or live sports. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I did a quick demo on making a T-Rex wall shelf out of 16ga steel. You may want to reposition the holes. I added sheet metal and few other features in the video so it’s not just basic 2D design. I don’t plan on cutting this but would make a cool boy’s room shelf. GL and keep making cool projects and post them.

T-Rex shelf demo dxf.dxf (234.1 KB)

8 Likes

BIL asked me to make some carts to transport these blades from customer to his shop. He didn’t want just something ordinary so I’m playing around. Had no clue if it was a smart thing or if it would work stacking two of them to cut for a precise joint to weld these together into a solid backplate. Pleasantly surprised that it worked quite well.
Now I have to fabricate the base to attach this box to. If they like it they want two more identical.

two plate cut

Not sure how to post videos so let’s see if this works…if not can someone teach me how to post video?

10 Likes

I think you need to post it on you tube then put link in your post. At least that is how you used to half to do it.

2 Likes

I’ve no clue how to post on youtube. It was just a video of how well it cut with the two plates stacked on top of each other to get the perfect joint between them

2 Likes

I was able to watch the video so however you loaded it seemed to work. I believe it’s just like uploading photos just has to be within size restrictions.

Those blades turned out really good.

I grew up working on an old 4 head block Ireland mill

3 Likes

Last sign for me this year. I posted to fileshare if anyone wants it. Happy New Years Eve!

Heart balloon with Love string | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

5 Likes

I did not realize that was a video he posted and yes it worked for me also. thanks for pointing that out

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that I would have never tried that with out seeing someone do it first

1 Like

As always @DonP you knocked it out of the park. Can’t wait to see what you make next year.

Have a happy and safe new year everyone

1 Like

Yeah I’m generally crazy enough to try stupid stuff like that. The plates are .200 so I made sure they were flat and stable and set up for basically1/2" thickness. Bit of heavier dross on both sides of the bottom plate but cleaned up easy and meshed perfectly.

3 Likes

I’m like @Knick i would never have thought of that method. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

I cut this one out yesterday. A guy who I made a trucking sign for because he told me his son owned the company picked his sign up and then told me,… his daughter-in-law also had her own trucking company (can you say minority owned tax benefits) and asked if I’d make one for her side of the business. What could I say? Don’t want to cause a family squabble:

Her logo:

My rendition:

Also, got my mom and dad’s (cowboy movie fans) coat rack finished and hung inside kitchen door:

It’s straight. Pic is crooked :grin:

8 Likes

MLM…

Multi Level Marketing Trucking? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

They both came out greet!

Haven’t posted in a while but here are a few of my most recent projects using my crossfire pro and the Xr. The press brake is a 60 inch 60 ton finger break combining 3 swag off-road kits. The stair tread were cut on the table. They are 44 inches wide and 3/16 tread broke on the custom built press brake.
IMG_2555

IMG_2504

IMG_2465

IMG_2398
IMG_2387

6 Likes

Beautiful job, as always! You have been busy.

How was/will the top surface of the stairs (be) finished?

2 Likes