Water shooting from watertable

I have the water about 1 1/2 inches from the top of the water table everytime it cuts near an edge water shoots everywhere has any cane up with a solution

Some guys are using a silicone funnel to contain the splashing, I just live with it.
Many times I fill the table to the absolute max to cut stainless or aluminum and it still is not so bad. Just be ready at the end of the cut to jog it over a uncut area, that is when it splashes the most.

2 Likes

yeah I do the same thing, at the end of the cut I move it over an uncut area. I really haven’t had too much water all over the place. I guess if you maximize the cuts on your metal you will have some overspray.

1 Like

I connected a servo motor that actuates a little bracket that swings down under the torch head after the cut is finished so the air hits the bracket instead of the water.

Nah, just kidding! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol, I was like"wtf" you got me

1 Like

Can you point me to one of these post about the silicone funnels @ctgolfer? I am curious.

1 Like

Just search the word “silicone” in this forum and they all will come up, it is interesting.

1 Like

If there is room, I place old slats or other scraps next to the sheet I’m cutting, that seems to work well