Trouble cutting 3/8” with Crossfire Pro and Primeweld Cut60 (Not solved yet)

I had my z axis motor acting up and I squeezed the outer shield of the plug down a little to make it contact the plug at the box better. That fixed mine.

2 Likes

So, I actually have a complete Z-axis assembly. I was instructed not to swap it out until I had eliminated the freezing issue, for fear that it could become damaged again. I suppose I could swap just the motor.

@MechanicJon @Bigdaddy2166 @ScottNH

2 Likes

I take it back my spare is a x or y motor. The z motor is smaller.

1 Like

That’s what I would do.

2 Likes

Huh. Ok, I’ll try it.

Are you done yet!!!

6 Likes

Casey, don’t take time to “like” John’s comment…swap out that motor!!!

3 Likes

Agreed. I want this thread done with… :clap: l feel like I should invite Casey and family for Thanksgiving…

7 Likes

2 Likes

I’m sure you guys can appreciate that I am hesitant to call this “solved” after everything I have been through with this machine. More testing is still required.

It dawns on me that when FireControl froze previously with the Z-axis unplugged, it was before I had fixed the USB port contact, so perhaps this was a two-parter. :blush: Fingers are crossed.

That’s roughly 20’ of cuts you’re looking at without a single issue. This is VERY promising!

I’m in your debt, @Bigdaddy2166, @ScottNH, @MechanicJon, @Wsidr1, @ChelanJim, @rat196426, @Phillipw, @ds690, @DnKFab, @72Pony, I’m sure I’m missing people.

Wow! Good day!!!

11 Likes

Momma says your invited to Thanksgiving here in Chattanooga. I’m relieved. Now fellas,
Lets put this thread to bed.

4 Likes

Hey you may be able to moonlight as a trouble shooter for langmuir.

5 Likes

Your killing me :joy:

3 Likes

My wife told me yesterday that I was to get in the car and “go help that guy.” <<<She doesn’t realize how much I don’t know…so don’t tell her!>>>

I think we all need some counseling. After all, we are going to have withdrawals from the nearly six week saga. And Casey deserves a beverage of his choice tonight.

Langmuir will be in your debt and you have become a legend. There will be songs…nope, not that. There will be movies…nope, not that. There will be a phrase used in the Langmuir forum referring to this…yes. That is probably it.

3 Likes

Wow! Awesome news man! Let the cutting binge begin.

So the Z axis motor has a short or what? I probably missed some info somewhere.

1 Like

Not going to lie, after my new CF Pro successfully made its first two straight line cuts earlier today I thought of you and felt a little guilty about my excitement. But now that it appears that you figured it out I can enjoy my little victory! :wink::joy:

No, seriously, congrats on (hopefully) putting this saga to bed and getting on with some serious cutting!

3 Likes

That’s great I’m glad you have gotten some cuts in! Did you end up swapping the motor? :smiley:

1 Like

So you ended up using the original motor on the replacement z axis assembly?

Or did you not replace the whole z axis assembly yet and are using the replacement motor?

1 Like

@Bigdaddy2166 :

Careful, John, we’ll show up, and that two year old of mine is CRA-ZY!

@Phillipw:

May be, Phillip. Might need to help some other folks trouble shoot some things first. :blush:

@ChelanJim:

Jim, that’s sweet. Sounds you like you have a very kind wife. Haha about the phrase; hopefully it’s not something along the lines of “you’ve gone and Casey’d that thing up”. :rofl:

@Wsidr1:

Bret, yeah, seems to have been. It was back-feeding arc voltage into the electronics.

@Martorious:

Marty, congrats my friend! After reading through this novel you’ll be able to handle anything that machine throws at you.

@ScottNH:

Scott, yeah. I swapped the Z-axis motor, and that seemed to do it.

@nicaDd:

Joe, I’ve been waiting to install the new Z-axis until I was sure it wasn’t going to crash again. Never figured the Z-axis was what caused the crash. So, yeah, I swapped just the motor for now, and when I get a few more cuts on it, I’ll swap over the rest of the assembly.

And interesting side note, all of the motors seem quieter now. Could totally be my imagination, but I don’t think so.

Very interesting thing, this situation…

6 Likes

Casey, lets mark this thread SOLVED…
And two year old don’t scare me…
My wife has 3 chihuahuas… :clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes