Tools and devices I have tried that work

holla2040, I do not. Just found it hanging on an endcap one day. It has since worn out and I am now using a “pinch bowl”. Not quite the same coverage but much more durable.

These are them. Used one and gave the other 3 to the wife.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00080FPZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll get some.

Maybe I looked right over it, but has anyone tried using a bluetooth connection between the control box and their laptop? To avoid using the USB cable? I see some of you use a bluetooth keyboard for jogging, but I’m wanting something to allow full firecontrol… control…

The control board only supports a USB connection.

1 Like

the mainboard gets power from the usb cord so there’s no way around NOT having the computer tethered to the table.

1 Like

Here is how Tin describes setting up his system.

But you don’t have to get that complicated. If there was a way to direct the table from wireless means, I would be concerned of chances of lag in the signal. Sometimes you really need that hard connection to eliminate issues.

2 Likes

Since those coupling nuts are out of stock on amazon, these are what I used for my table. Far better material (esp for the threads) than the ones that ship with the table.

1 Like

which coupling nuts on the McMasterCarr website? Is it this one: https://cdn.zappy.app/5f07291c785eaeece3595ae12fa5a038.png

You’ve chosen the Stainless Couplers, where as @apynickel identified the Steel ones. The Max Torque for the Steel ones is almost 3 times the Stainless, plus the Stainless is almost double the price.

1 Like

Those are the ones that I use. Rutland Mfg CLX 4-4-F makes them. McMaster Carr almost always has them in stock.

1 Like

thanks yall, purchased!

Making your plasma cutter into a rosebud torch.

Just drill out the nozzle…lol

@mechanic416 if this goes virally you ll have lots of future customers.

1 Like

The only think to say is. :person_facepalming:

Yes, torch repair requests. I can imagine the damage that can be done. :grin:

I can see the topic started here:
“I drilled out my nozzle (like you said) and it still doesn’t cut. Am I doing something wrong?”

Note: I do enjoy watching that guy…he is a hoot!

3 Likes

Videos like that make me wish content creators should have to pass a test before doing certain type video.

Like the welding tips channels. They dot and dab acting like they are doing educational videos.

Videos like these run the risk of damaging more than fixing.

1 Like

Well now you done gone and spoiled it fer me. I lernt some of my best welding skills from that there guy! :joy:

Perhaps I shoulda/coulda picked a better teacher. :wink:

Honestly, I know what you are saying. I like watching him for entertainment sake. Lots of bad influences out there and skulls full of mush!

4 Likes

That’s not new I have already had people try it. And blame my consumables and wanted me to warranty them. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Well, when you are young and poor, you are in a bind and inexperienced.

Who knew you are not suppose to seat a car battery cable on the battery post with a hammer :hammer::crazy_face:

“Honest… I barely put any pressure while I attached the cable. Did I spread the clamp out to get it sized to fit? Why, of course I did!”

That was a good hint for the second battery… I tell you right there. Would have been helpful for the first one. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes