Tools and devices I have tried that work

You can use it as a remote to your computer to move the torch in FireControl. Page up/down moves the torch up and down. “2” moves the torch/gantry in the -y direction, “8” moves the torch/gantry in the +y direction and so on. That way you can get your torch where you need it over the spot of metal. Notice the arrows on the number keys.

Oh, I see my friend Eric has already answered. Good show!

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your prompt responses. I love the wealth of knowledge that is offered here.

Here’s that list of hotkeys----->

4 Likes

@KX9M thanks for that list of hotkeys.

“Obviously you’re not a golfer”.

1 Like

Do you have a link to that collapsible silicone bowl?

Craig, @holla2040 here is a topic that discusses and gives links to the silicone bowl:

Edit: On that thread, the first link takes you French Amazon site and the item is a silicone mug. I would imagine it is more durable than the silicone funnel that is also referenced.

I found a similar listing in the U.S. Amazon:
https://a.co/d/9Y2cq5m

Edit #2: After cutting a bunch of 14 gauge aluminum last week, it makes me think, something like this would be worth trying. Since the title of this thread is [Tools and devices I have tried that work], I can’t really say that I have seen this work.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try it and let you know. I’ve seen these on people’s torches and didn’t even know what they’re called.

1 Like

holla2040, I do not. Just found it hanging on an endcap one day. It has since worn out and I am now using a “pinch bowl”. Not quite the same coverage but much more durable.

These are them. Used one and gave the other 3 to the wife.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00080FPZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll get some.

Maybe I looked right over it, but has anyone tried using a bluetooth connection between the control box and their laptop? To avoid using the USB cable? I see some of you use a bluetooth keyboard for jogging, but I’m wanting something to allow full firecontrol… control…

The control board only supports a USB connection.

1 Like

the mainboard gets power from the usb cord so there’s no way around NOT having the computer tethered to the table.

1 Like

Here is how Tin describes setting up his system.

But you don’t have to get that complicated. If there was a way to direct the table from wireless means, I would be concerned of chances of lag in the signal. Sometimes you really need that hard connection to eliminate issues.

2 Likes

Since those coupling nuts are out of stock on amazon, these are what I used for my table. Far better material (esp for the threads) than the ones that ship with the table.

1 Like

which coupling nuts on the McMasterCarr website? Is it this one: https://cdn.zappy.app/5f07291c785eaeece3595ae12fa5a038.png

You’ve chosen the Stainless Couplers, where as @apynickel identified the Steel ones. The Max Torque for the Steel ones is almost 3 times the Stainless, plus the Stainless is almost double the price.

1 Like

Those are the ones that I use. Rutland Mfg CLX 4-4-F makes them. McMaster Carr almost always has them in stock.

1 Like

thanks yall, purchased!

Making your plasma cutter into a rosebud torch.

Just drill out the nozzle…lol

@mechanic416 if this goes virally you ll have lots of future customers.

1 Like