THC Troubleshooting

ill give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens.

thanks.

so i went through the cleaning and the dianosis again found on this page (LS-THC Arc Voltage Troubleshooting Guide) , where you run voltage tests probing the VIM and the leads from the machine, all were within the required voltage.

then when i got to section C1, where it says to test the jogging speed , itll recognize the Y axis but remains at 0 for the x axis and Z axis.

section C2, REF and GND voltage test, im getting 4.12V DC
section C3, zero volts or mV
now that i got to C4, my firecontrol no longer shows a connection to the height control… fantastic …

HOLY SH!T its a christmas miracle !!!

after cleaning the Z axis shaft with compressed air, running through the diagnosis test and finding my THC board was failing to pair to the circuitry, i pulled the THC module out, and reset it and it all seems to be working now. cutting at a solid ~85V. the yellow lights in FC seems to be working correctly and making small adjustments.

dont know what it was that made it work, maybe a small mixture of everything, but cleaning the shaft and resetting the THC chip in the mother board were the only physical things i did and now it seems to be working correctly…for now…

thanks to everyone who helped !!!

1 Like

that always makes things work better…

again I am going to hell for that comment

4 Likes

Hey maybe we can cut some stuff out there. I bet the snow isnt an issue .

No snow here in Southern California.
Now I can get back to my project without having to be face down into the aluminum while it cuts